It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Hot weather

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Hot weather

Postby dinosaur371 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:33 pm

Does anyone have any good exercise tips for when its really hot? I tend to find that if I'm already sweating because of the heat I don't want to exercise and need ideas or motivation.
I swim most days and walk/run early in the morning (before it gets hot) but I need some variation because I'm getting bored.
Rhi
dinosaur371

Re: Hot weather

Postby Metalcharm » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi Rhi, I'm in a hot area too and pretty much do what you're already doing. I get up early and do my walks or if I'm later I will walk for less time and less exertion.
I'll do aerobic DVDs under the aircon in the arvo or do an exercise show on PAYTV or use the elliptical trainer.
Is there a gym you could use nearby? I'd love to be able to do that but there aren't any around me.
Get a treadmill or something similar?

Swimming is great exercise - I'd be doing that as much as possible in summer! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby dinosaur371 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:08 pm

Its only meant to be 37 today so I will be able to go for a run this evening. Hooray.
I wish I had aircon :C. I usually do my exercise dvds and get in the pool (its ALWAYS freezing) but the pool is taking its toll on my hair and hair colour which is frustrating and expensive.
Money is a bit too tight at the moment for the gym unfortunately. Have to stick to free stuff :P
dinosaur371

Postby hanney882 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:05 pm

I recommend you to go to the gym during hot weathers. You can enroll to a fitness and Zumba class too or you can change your exercise routine. You can also do some yoga at home and watch some yoga dvds. It is a good exercise at home it relaxes your mind too.
hanney882

Return to Exercise Talk