It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:31 pm

Free Newsletter

exercise for cellulite?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

exercise for cellulite?

Postby cheekymeeny64 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:03 am

i have recently started walking to lose the weight as i find it easier for me, plus its cheaper...unless your going to the gym and using a treadmill.
I have reallly bad cellulite and i mean bad, but most of it is because i have fairly large thighs. I wanted to know if exercising cn really help cellulite, and i dont mean banish it completely, but at least burn most of it off for a more toned look. I wanted to ask here because when i tried to research i found that some people were saying that it did work by using exercises such as cycling, running, walking ect...while others said its impossible through diet and exercise and that we are just the unlucky ones. I just want to have some hope out there, or if anyone has recently lost a lot of weight and noticed a difference in their cellulite (if they had any), let me know so i can get motivated to do this.
thanks guys :)
cheekymeeny64

Re: exercise for cellulite?

Postby PTchrystle » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:05 pm

At this point in time no-one has a cure for cellulite.

It is fat, but it's stored in an area of the body so close to the skin that it's much more obvious. If you've ever seen 'My Best Friends Wedding' it's exactly like the balloons being held under the thin sheet in the scene outdoors near the house where they are holding the wedding. The balloons are pushing up against the sheet like our fat cells near the skin push against our skin and make the cellulite look worse.

So if someone took a tonne of air out of the balloons they would look much smaller and as we burn fat and increase our lean muscle tone we achieve the same thing.

So don't worry about it too much, we might not be able to 'cure' it, but we can definetly burn the fat away, and make it less noticable, or even un-noticable in most places of our body.

Lets get fat burning :)
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Signature removed. It is against forum rules to use your signature to advertise products or services.
PTchrystle

Re: exercise for cellulite?

Postby lindtcrazy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:09 pm

cheekymeeny64 wrote:i have recently started walking to lose the weight as i find it easier for me, plus its cheaper...unless your going to the gym and using a treadmill.
I have reallly bad cellulite and i mean bad, but most of it is because i have fairly large thighs. I wanted to know if exercising cn really help cellulite, and i dont mean banish it completely, but at least burn most of it off for a more toned look. I wanted to ask here because when i tried to research i found that some people were saying that it did work by using exercises such as cycling, running, walking ect...while others said its impossible through diet and exercise and that we are just the unlucky ones. I just want to have some hope out there, or if anyone has recently lost a lot of weight and noticed a difference in their cellulite (if they had any), let me know so i can get motivated to do this.
thanks guys :)

What about the shaky vibration platform at the gym. I assume it would shake everything up and then it would seem to settle and not be cellulite. Just my thought.
lindtcrazy

Return to Exercise Talk