It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:06 am

Free Newsletter

Getting rid of my arms

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Getting rid of my arms

Postby Tina » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:51 am

Has anyone out there had any problems losing weight from their arms? I had my monthly measurements taken a couple of weeks ago and while I had lost centimetres everywhere else my arms had stayed exactly the same.

For me one of the things that I really want to lose is my arms, so while I was happy that I'd lost weight elsewhere, I was also bitterly disappointed that all my weight work and general cardio work had done nothing to change my arms.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to lose weight - mainly from the upper arms, and to tone them up nicely? I'm wondering if I need to cut back on doing weights from my arms, if maybe I'm just building muscle there???

HELP.......
Tina

Postby KimE » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:21 pm

Cardio is what gets rid of the fat so you can see the muscle. Working the tricep will certainly help and if you are doing a full body workout with the weights then I imagine your triceps are included there. However, those exercises will build/strengthen the muscle but not the fat layer over it...if that makes sense. I have had a lot of people telling me recently my arms are looking toned...woohoo that's what I'm after...but there is still some of the underarm hanging down just not as much. I have been doing weights twice a week for about 6 months so as you can see it takes time. Also talk to your personal trainer as he/she may have some ideas. Nutrition is the other part of any good training plan so you may want to look at that and see if it fits with your goals.

Having said that I have found that under my arms and my tummy have been the hardest places to move the fat but then we are all different.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby EmilyP » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:17 pm

:roll: I have noticed my arms have been getting this saggy flappy bit underneath (like bat wings!) since i have lost some weight, and i'm getting paranoid about it.

I think i need to pump some weights or something, does anybody know any good arm toning exercises that you don't need weights for? I want them toned up and de-flabbed but i don't want to look like arnold Schrawtznegger either :lol:
Emily...xox
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNV5Gb0/]
[/url]
EmilyP

Postby Chelle » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:44 am

Hey tina at one stage I had really big arms too when I joined the gym over a year ago I started using weight & doing pushups & havent looked back with in a week I started to notice now my arms slimed down & now my arms are slimmed i have muscle just remember every time when you use weight always raise the bar so every time or every 2nd time you use weights put the weight limit up I started out on the lowest weight now i can lift 60Kg in the arms & 70Kg in the legs.

GOOD LUCK :D
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:45 am

you can use weights from around your house like i do! otherwise push ups dont use weights~!
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:13 pm

Tricep Dips!
If you're doing pushups, make sure that your hands are in shoulder-width apart, not out wide.. and that your elbows are staying in close and not flaring out to the sides.
Otherwise you'll be working more of your pecs (chest) muscles and it's not quite so much of a tricep workout!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:46 pm

Yeah I always did pushups for the chest but in the pump class they also did the tricep pushups as you described Emma, Crikey that hurt! My poor little triceps were too weak for that sort of caper!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:20 pm

Yeah they sure do hurt!!! But boy do they work!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby EmilyP » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:40 pm

jeez my arms are soooooo weak i'm flat out doing 2 pushups lol :oops: Will have to keep working on it i think.
Emily...xox
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNV5Gb0/]
[/url]
EmilyP

Postby Chelle » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:27 am

Watch Today Tonight on Monday 19th feb there is news on how to get rid of big arms I noticed it when I was down at sydney
Chelle

Return to Exercise Talk