It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:27 am

Free Newsletter

tennis elbow

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

tennis elbow

Postby lindtcrazy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Anyone know anything about curing tennis elbow. i can't even lift a frypan, there is just no strength from the strain. I found how to massage and then it seems it heals but when I do light weights, I can feel the strain and pain again.

Does anyone know the mechanics of what tennis elbow is?

Re: tennis elbow

Postby yogibbear » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:29 am

My dad had this (we both are massive tennis freaks). Basically it's tendon wear and tear. So it needs to solve itself. Most of the treatments are either icing, heating, massaging, magnets, etc. but what you are doing is "relieving" the pain. You're not then healing the underlying issue. Basically i'd say go see a physiotherapist and they'll probably show you some stretches to do that'll help to either quicken the recovery or reduce any pain that you are having. Plus they'll be able to diagnose if it is tennis elbow or if it is one of a number of different issues relating to repetitive strain type activities in that area of your body. The main thing to do here is identify what activity has cause it (not always due to "playing tennis" despite the name) and then change how you approach that activity so that you give the tendons a chance to fix themselves.

Return to Exercise Talk