It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Leg exercise

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Leg exercise

Postby aena » Fri May 06, 2011 3:00 pm

I need help with this one. Apart from squats, lunges, calf raise, leg press, what other exercise helps to tone up??

Re: Leg exercise

Postby robinson » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:34 pm

Brisk walking, Cardio Leg Workout, cycling, these exercise are very good for the legs.

Postby yogibbear » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:38 am

In terms of weight training you've pretty much covered them all. But I'd definitely toss in cardio that works those muscle fibres too, which is pretty much anything from walking, jogging, cycling, swimming, rock climbing, etc. to practically any team sport that involves some movement beyond golf.

If you are adamant on doing different leg exercises then just youtube search for yoga/pilates stretches involving the leg muscles and pick and choose ones that you like. Otherwise use one of those bodybuilding websites with 15-30 seconds videos of people using dumbbells / freeweights / etc. to stretch a specific muscle and pick different ones that you haven't done before. Basically though between the four exercises you mentioned you're covering all the major muscle groups. The yoga/pilates (which is really just stretching with some meditation stuff thrown in) will also help to focus on strengthening the ligaments and tendons as well as helping to prevent any injuries to the muscle fibres in your legs.

Postby Castillo8886 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:00 pm

Although lower leg exercises are being an important of total body workouts, but apart from leg cardio exercise such as Cycling and jogging are the best exercises.

Postby Linda Wooldridge » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi there, I love doing mat exercises for legs. Pilates style workouts are good for lengthening and toning. I actually prefer doing dvds at hone rather than hitting the gym. There are a number of good lower body Pilates workouts, or even lower body weight training dvds that will help give you new ideas. I like the Jeanette jenkins Butt blast dvd which is only 20 minutes but a really good workout.
Hope that helps :D
Linda Wooldridge

Postby Marina_J » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:17 pm

I think, This is the not difficult, You can choose from jogging, walking, dancing in your living room, taking the stairs or playing fun sports with your kids or friends. The possibilities are endless. Just decide and commit. The legs are easily the most ignored of all muscle groups. Those who ignore their legs tend to have some creative excuses and rationalizations for not doing so.

Postby hanney882 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:00 pm

Cycling and running is a good leg exercise. Cycling can tone your leg muscles; you can do it every morning and you'll see the results. I love riding my bike every morning I use it also when buying some morning grocery shopping.

Return to Exercise Talk