It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:00 am

Free Newsletter

Just wonderring what exercises would be good for me?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Just wonderring what exercises would be good for me?

Postby Cayleigh » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:46 pm

Hello :)

Well i joined the gym 3 days ago with my mother, I personally want to lose weight.. i am unsure about my weight i know i lost weight since i last weighed myself, i am size 12-14 Last time i weighed myself i weighed 80kgs ( i have about 5kg of my weight inherited into my boobs that wont go away) i am like 5'7 and wanna lose about 10kgs...

AND !!

My mum who is my gym partner needs to lose 17cm off her waist to get in the police force. she also 5'7 and she weighs about 87kg

I was just wondering what you would recommend me and my mum to do
Basically everything we went to the gym... We do 20minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on cross trainer... lol that's all xD and then we go home .. oh well today Lol we done 5minutes on the bike was so boring we got one at home... so yeah

On Tuesday we got a meeting with one of the trainers at the gym but yeah it would be good if someone answered before then :)

THANKS<3

Oh another question what do you think the best exercise to get rid of chubbiness on your thighs!
Cayleigh

Re: Just wonderring what exercises would be good for me?

Postby yogibbear » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:13 am

I'm being serious here:

DO WEIGHTS.

Cardio is great and all, but weights will make you lose the weight, and keep it off. Get one of the gym staff to give you a whirl around a simple circuit training plan that works for you and covers all the muscle groups and makes sure you know how to use each machine (or just use hand weights and do different stretching exercises).

You will not grow massive muscles. You will not look ridiculous. Weight training will seriously help you on your journey and I strongly recommend it.

Now I'm not saying don't do cardio [do do cardio as much as you want], but I'm saying do 2-3 weights sessions a week (can start with 1 session and then slowly ramp up to 2 or 3 to suit whatever works best for you and you can cover all muscle groups in < 20 mins). And also when you do weights, don't do endless reps. Do the heaviest weight you can do 12-15 reps with for any activity and then stop and move onto the next muscle group.
yogibbear

Postby Linda Wooldridge » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:30 pm

I definitely believe that the best way to lose fat from anywhere on your body is through interval training. This is a combination of cardio and strength training which turns your body into a fat burning machine. Of course nutrition is very important, but I find that interval training is much more beneficial than longer, lower intensity cardio sessions. Some people think that weight training will bulk you up, but if you use light enough weights it will just increase your metabolism and tone your whole body giving it a smaller appearance. I recommend doing high intensity cardio bursts that get your heart rate up to around 80% of full capacity and then having an active recovery interval with light weights. If you do this 3-5 days a week for about 45 minutes each time, I am sure you will see fat loss results.
I personally do exercise dvds at home, which i find a lot more fun cause it means I don't have to stick to boring gym equipment and its like having a personal trainer without paying for it. There are so many awesome dvds out there nowadays, which are based on interval trainig. The Firm has some really good ones.
Hope that helps:)
Linda Wooldridge

Postby Metalcharm » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:30 am

I am really enjoying reading your posts, Linda!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Return to Exercise Talk