It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:22 am

Free Newsletter

i'm so brave!

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

i'm so brave!

Postby miss_muffin » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:43 am

i went swimming this week in a public pool during school holidays!!!!!!

i'm so proud of myself for overcoming my fears and insecurities and just going for it.

i sat in the change room for half and hour before i could brave walking out in my togs (u cant wear shorts or t-shirts in this pool)

i stayed in the pool for 2 hours, i would like to say i swam for 2 hours but i spent most of the time just trying not to drown myself.

i think this is one of my greatest achievements :D and i will be swimming twice a week from now on.

cheers,
deb
miss_muffin

Postby Serena » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:11 pm

Congratulations on overcoming your fears! It is so scary at public pools isn't it? Nothing to hide behind and kids can be so cruel, even when they're not you imagine them to be. Well done.
Serena

Postby Fairie » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:14 pm

Well Done 8)

It is daunting showing everyone our extra bits :oops: but you did it. :D

Even if you don't swim just walking through the water is great excersise. Let us know how you go.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Fairie » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:16 pm

I wonder does running around after a 6 year old grandaughter for 2 weeks count as excersise. :wink: :D

If it does I'll be getting in heaps over the next 2 weeks then. :shock: :lol: :shock:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:55 pm

Woohoo Deb, fantastic work on going swimming at the public pool. I went once but there were a few good looking guys there and vanity made me wait an extra hour and a half for them to leave before I could reveal my dimply legs to the rest of the world.

Well done! and thanks so much for sharing, we all need this kind of motivational talk to let us know we can win.
Dolly
Dolly

Return to Exercise Talk