It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:58 am

Free Newsletter

Cycling

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Cycling

Postby let it shine » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:52 pm

I am not a person who likes to exercise for the sake of exercise. Having fun or getting somewhere while you happen to be getting exercise is more realistic for me. I recently changed my youngest daughters booking for chidcare. I used to have a pickup/drop off arrangement 3 days a week. Now I have a pick up arrangement (for morning time constraint reasons) but I instead cycle the 6.5km trip on less than flat terrain to collect her in the afternoon and then strap her into the toddler seat and ride back the 6.5km. She also takes dance lessons in the same area, so I am going to do the same on a Saturday for the 4th time per week. I figure a 13km round trip 4 times a week is okay. Cycling combines cardio and strength (especially up those hills or in windy conditions). Does anybody know if I am on the right track here?

I understand variety is important and I do have other activities that I enjoy like swimming, dancing and generally playing with the kids but I am not in the position to make a set allocated time for these like I do with the allocated time it takes to travel. So, there will be other activity but the cycling will be the staple. Do you think this is a sufficient minimum exercise schedule?
let it shine

Re: Cycling

Postby SugarandSpice » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:45 pm

That sounds great to me!! Good on you! :D
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Return to Exercise Talk