It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:49 am

Free Newsletter

I bought a bike!

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

I bought a bike!

Postby Metalcharm » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:04 pm

My favourite exercise up until now is walking with bits of jogging thrown in but recently I've been getting some joint pain and have been told I am developing arthritis. (booo!)
I've been laying off the exercise for the past 6 weeks or so and am feeling it in my general health so I got myself a bike to help me "get back out there". I live on an outback station so have lots of room to mountain bike although we don't ahve too many 'mountains' but have lots of sand which is making riding quite a workout!

Does anyone else cycle for exercise?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Re: I bought a bike!

Postby Carolyn52 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Way to go mate :D How about your knees though? My bike is sitting in the garage still :( Maybe soon we can make friends again, last time it bit me :lol:
Have Fun :D
Carolyn52

Postby BigAndy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Good on you Metalcharm,

I have two bikes- both have been in pieces for years. Better put them back together. I used to love riding. Sorry to hear about your knees. I was getting pains in my legs after running because my shoes were too small. I found out shoes need to be up to 2 sizes larger than regular shoes for running. Since then have had no problems. I got fitted up at a proper runners shoe shop. I wouldn't have a clue really but maybe running would be easier with the right shoes that wouldn't aggravate anything? Just a thought.

All the best, Andy
BigAndy

Postby Metalcharm » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Hiya Andy,
it wasn't a 'running' shop as such but did get shoes from a sports shop that were specifically for jogging so they should be good. (you'd hope lol)
I do still do the odd walk but wear a brace which helps. I think the good thing about the bike is that it is a different form of exercise .. it's good to mix it up. I did a 26km cycle this morning which felt good.
Metalcharm

Postby Blitz » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Dusted off my bike the other day. The weather is starting to get better. Got half way and feeling real good - then my pedal fell off! :lol: There's a story about life in there somewhere. I'll get it fixed and I'll get back on real soon.
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby admin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:45 am

That's what you call Murphy s Law!... :lol:
Don't put the bike back otherwise out of sight out of mind....you are right great weather now.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:13 am

Spring is our time for wind .. ugh. I always thought they were a bit silly when you see them right up each other's bums in road races but now i understand why. It's really hard riding into wind! LOL
I'm trying to pick days that are still but they are few and far between at this time of year. :D
Metalcharm

Postby hanney882 » Sat May 24, 2014 8:08 am

Biking is a full body workout and can tone your muscles. It is a good exercise if you want to lose some weight. Me and my friends are biking during day offs. I love how it helps me lose weight. I lose about 2 lbs this week. I jog every morning around the park and attending yoga class on Saturday. I also eat natural and organic food.
hanney882

Return to Exercise Talk