It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:37 am

Free Newsletter

sneaky desk workout?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

sneaky desk workout?

Postby grugwashere » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:20 am

does anyone have any suggestions about working out while at your desk, this would ahev to require very little movement... as i dont want to look like a nuf nuf.... thanks
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby SarahC » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:50 am

I saw a DVD in Rebel Sport the other day that had a whole section on workouts to do at your desk... should have bought it :lol:

I'm stuck at a desk too, and really don't know about any excercises. I drink a heap of water so I get excercise going to and from the toilet!! And I go for a long walk at lunchtime, about 30 - 40 mins.

I have a friend who sits at her desk on an exercise ball. I think this is a great idea because you will be burning up way more calories sitting on the ball rather than sitting on a chair. Just gotta put up with the flack from your workmates... but they'll get over it :wink:
SarahC

Postby grugwashere » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:02 am

im sitting ona ball at the moment some people in my office use them so i borrowed one. its making my back hurt though :(
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:03 am

working in preschools and doing group activities with the kids, the exercise balls were great to sit on. a girl i worked with had a back injury and so she was made to sit on one whilst working with the kids. its a great work out bopping around on it too and the kids just think its a heap of fun as well! so there are many uses for those gym balls!
kate_turner2000

Postby Groovychic » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:12 am

Those balls are fun. I'm thinking of taking mine to work when I start back in Feb. Mind you this week I am applying for another job. I finished up at the end of October because I had to deal with my mother(hhhmmm she drives me mad....hahaha) and am starting back again in Feb. I gave into the pleading. I don't really want to work there, hence applying for a different position. But if I am unsuccessful then I will go back to my old job. I hate not having a job. When I work I think geez I hate working but when I don't work I think geez I need a job.....hahaha!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby SarahC » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:13 am

:lol: I have just bought one and am considering bringing it to work. I'll be made fun of for sure! I think as well you need to work up to sitting on it all day.. start with say an hour a day, and slowly increase it until you can stay on for the entire day.
SarahC

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:21 pm

http://exercise.about.com/cs/fittingiti ... ercise.htm
this is just a small thing about diff exercises to do at your desk
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Neney » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:08 pm

Jules what a great link!! I work at a desk too, I'm also locked in a control room which has it's own bathroom facilities for security reasons...So I can't get out and go for a walk...so those little exercises will be great
Mini Goal - Reach Double Digits!! 99kgs

Neney

Postby corolla_chick » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:12 pm

i do bum clenchers :oops:
hehe - dont know how much of a work out they are but i have a big butt and ive lost a bit of weight off it!!

i do them watching tv and in bed hehe
beck :D

corolla_chick

Return to Exercise Talk