It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Free Newsletter

Am I overdoing it?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Am I overdoing it?

Postby az81 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:49 pm

For the past few days, I have woken up feeling absolutely exhausted and not wanting to (or not feeling able to) exercise.

My daily exercise routine for the last few months has consisted of walking a minimum of 3 kilometres, usually split between a morning and evening session. This was working great - I was feeling healthier and well rested, woke up with vigour and had plenty of energy throughout the day.

However in the past week, I have starting utilising the 'Wii Fit Plus' program on the Nintendo Wii. I had originally stopped using it when I became too heavy for the Wii Balance Board, but I have now lost enough weight to use it again.

Yesterday, along with a walk of 4 kilometres, I participated in various Wii Fit Plus exercises. After a sweaty session, I had accumulated just over 1 hour of activity, burning approximately 340 calories. This morning, I was barely able to get out of bed. I was so drained of energy, I didn't want to get up.

Do you think I overdid it? Today I have only done 20 minutes of Wii exercises, and walked just under 2 kilometres. If I feel alright in the morning, I'm guessing I've been doing too much!

TIME TO SHED THE KILO'S!

August 2015 weight - 151
Goal weight - 100
June 2016 weight - 96
az81

Re: Am I overdoing it?

Postby admin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:33 am

I dont know enough about the WEII fit but you do need to listen to your body. You might need to have a rest day or two for recovery otherwise you might injure yourself and then you wont be able to do any exercise for a while.......

You soumd very determined which mentally is great but how about if you ate feeling exhusted take a walk instead for that day.

So in summary listen to your body formthat day, there is a differemce between pushing yourself and forcing your body.

Good luck

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:44 pm

Think of exercise in cycles instead of one slogging hard day after another. One average day of exercise, then a hard day of exercise and follow it with a moderate day of exercise. This will give you more bang for your buck. Always listen to what your body is trying to tell you.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby az81 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:11 pm

Thanks guys :)

I've been listening to my body in the past 24 hours, and it seems to saying 'stop it!' :lol: so today, I limited myself to a short walk, which I think has helped.

My body is also saying 'feed me McDonalds and Coke!' so I'm trying not to listen to that part!

TIME TO SHED THE KILO'S!

August 2015 weight - 151
Goal weight - 100
June 2016 weight - 96
az81

Postby Blitz » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:27 am

:lol: That's the fat one talking! That one isn't you anymore! :D

Professional athletes train in cycles because they know it is more effective. The slower days and rest days are just as important as the intensive training days. This is the time for your body to "catch up"...make muscle, adjust your metabolism and the like.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Exercise Talk