It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:19 am

Free Newsletter

Are you always on your phone anyway?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Are you always on your phone anyway?

Postby missfitA » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:32 pm

If you constantly find yourself looking at your phone whether working out or not, here's one of the best apps out there that I personally use and I really find effective. It's called workouts by Skimble. I'm not doing an ad for them or anything but this app I surely find helpful especially if you're the type who doesn't know what to do with those weights/machines around the gym. The app is free although there are certain workouts that needs you to join their pro version which requires payment. The free one has a lot of workouts already and i'm sure you'll find it all helpful depending on what kind of workout you'd like to have for the day! :)
missfitA

Re: Are you always on your phone anyway?

Postby Blitz » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:34 am

missfitA wrote:If you constantly find yourself looking at your phone whether working out or not, here's one of the best apps out there that I personally use and I really find effective. It's called workouts by Skimble. I'm not doing an ad for them or anything but this app I surely find helpful especially if you're the type who doesn't know what to do with those weights/machines around the gym. The app is free although there are certain workouts that needs you to join their pro version which requires payment. The free one has a lot of workouts already and i'm sure you'll find it all helpful depending on what kind of workout you'd like to have for the day! :)

I'm too busy exercising to be looking at apps on the phone.

If you are a member of a gym I think part of what you pay fees for is to have the expert advice on how to use the equipment. Most of the equipment isn't brain surgery anyway. Certainly if you are doing weights I would recommend talking to the gym attendants. Nothing like asking direct questions to answer your direct concerns.

When I started to lose weight I knew absolutely nothing but I had enough common sense to start where I was at fitness-wise making sure I listened to my body. I weighed in at 153.7kg, had asthma, a bad back and a huge belly hernia...but I doubt very much this app would have given me a workout that was suitable to my situation and starting fitness. Although I knew nothing with common sense I did what I could...always pushing my limit without breaking myself.

I didn't need special equipment or special apps and my biggest expenditures during my journey was local swimming pool fees and the cost of decent exercise shoes. I suspect most people don't need high tech solutions...just application to the work surface - just do it!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Exercise Talk