It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:49 pm

Free Newsletter

What's on my mind as I exercise.....

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

What's on my mind as I exercise.....

Postby DD Diva » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:19 am

Below is a description of how my exercise workout starts and ends. It does vary depending on the type of equipment I'm using, but overall it's about the same! :roll:

Hope you get a giggle out of it, I know I do whenever I think back to my thoughts as I was doing the workout!! :lol:

Let's go with the treadmill; my plan is to do a full 45 minutes....here's what my thought process is looks like (the time may vary a little, but the mental banter is much the same each time)!! :lol:

Switching on the machine......not really thinking much of anything except adjusting the incline, speed and punching in my weight (for calories burned)
1 min 30 seconds........okay I'm all set up but geez I've got quite a way to go yet!!
4 min 30 seconds........goodness, I haven't even been on this thing 5 minutes yet and already I'm getting bored!
5 min 50 seconds........okay so I've survived the first 5 minutes, now just 4 more and I'll have made it to double figures!! 10 minutes, pfftt...I can do that!!
10 min 50 seconds.......yay 10 down and just over 4 more and I'll have knocked over quarter of an hour!! Am I good or what??
15 min 10 seconds.......okay so I've done 15 mins but I'm really really starting to get bored, can I make it to the full 20 minute mark??!!
18 min 40 seconds.......come on now, less than 2 mins to reaching the first 20 mins.....I can do this!!
20 min 10 seconds.......yay 20 mins down but I really am over this, I'm bored and I'm not even half way through this!!
22 min 50 seconds.......okay so 25 mins is within reach, but still sooooooooooooo far to go to reach 45 mins; I'm borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred!! Somebody shoot me!!
27 min 20 seconds.......hey, whattaya know I'm looking down the barrel of 30 mins here; keep going....I can make 30 mins!!
31 min 30 seconds.......woo hoo less than 4 mins and I'll have made it to 35 mins, just gotta get beyond this; I think I can, I think I can!!
35 min 10 seconds.......35 mins conquered, I can do this, just 4 mins to get to 40 mins....I'm on the home stretch
40 min 20 seconds.......awesome! I've got less than 5 mins to go and I'll have knocked over 45 mins....am I good or what??!!
45 min 10 seconds.......hey, will you look at that, I did it!!! Should I stop now?? Nahhhh.....a few more minutes.....
49 min 20 seconds.......woo hoo! Less than 5 mins to 50 minutes, if I can get to that, I should be able to make 60 EASY!!
51 min 30 seconds.......yeah baby! Less than 9 minutes and I've made a full hour....BRING IT ON!!!
60 min 10 seconds.......I DID IT!!! But hey, hang on....why stop??!! I'm kicking this, I should keep going, nahhh....better hit the "cool down" and wind down the speed/incline for another few mins and give someone else a go (to be fair, right??) :wink:
DD Diva

Re: What's on my mind as I exercise.....

Postby DD Diva » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:24 am

oops....where's that edit button??!!!

This line should have read:
49 min 20 seconds.......woo hoo! Less than 1 min to 50 minutes, if I can get to that, I should be able to make 60 EASY!!
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:00 pm

You forgot the preamble Josie...
"Okay get your lazy butt on that machine - you've been delaying it long enough!" :shock: :lol:
Also the first ten seconds..."Oh God...my legs are like lead...I don't think I'll be able to do the whole lot...I'll do what I can.." :wink:

Good post Josie...thought about some headphones and music for the boredom? :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:50 am

Blitz wrote:You forgot the preamble Josie...
"Okay get your lazy butt on that machine - you've been delaying it long enough!" :shock: :lol:
Also the first ten seconds..."Oh God...my legs are like lead...I don't think I'll be able to do the whole lot...I'll do what I can.." :wink:

Good post Josie...thought about some headphones and music for the boredom? :D

Kim

Yeah I have that preamble too, the "I'd so rather be stretched out in my recliner having a little snooze about now, but no....I HAVE TO do this and I WILL do this!!!"
The 10 seconds is normally at about the one minute mark for me (by the time I actually select the incline/program etc) when I look down only to be horrified by the fact that I have 44-59 minutes to go!!! :shock:
Yes headphones and music are not only a must, but a whole new dialogue!!! :wink: :lol:
DD Diva

Return to Exercise Talk