It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:38 pm

Free Newsletter

where is the time

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

where is the time

Postby millie » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:56 am

Hi all

At Xmas My husband bought me (at my request) an excersise bike. I used it almost too much for the first few months. We all get up at 6am and I was even getting up at 5.30am to spend half an hour on the bike before the troops are up.

I am on maternity leave and since that started I have opened my own internet weding flower business and now I am so busy I am having trouble finding the time.

Forget about 5.30am I need some sleep. I am up at 6am look after kids, drop of pick up for kindy, clean the house and run a business. Where is the time for ME?

I can't be the only one that is really really really busy, how do you find time to excersise in a really busy life?

Regards
millie

Finding the time

Postby Ed » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:24 am

Hi Millie,

you've touched on one of the biggest reasons that many of us don't exercise enough.

Finding the time to exercise is very difficult when we are very busy (which seems to be all the time).

I actually think the issue becomes one of priorities.

If you were to give up your business, I bet it wouldn't be long before the gap it produced in your day would be filled up by something else.

I don't think there has ever been a time when I've had the time to do everything that I've wanted to do, or needed to do.

Under these circumstances, you have to be prepared to let something go.

Because our weight is so important to our health and happiness, exercise and losing weight deserves to be among our very highest priorities.

The fact that we say that we need to "find" time for exercise assumes that it is not as high a priority as it possibly should be.

In addition to making the time, I find exercising in the morning before I go to work is perfect because it gets done more times than not (I exercise nearly everyday).

Just my two-bobs worth, hope you find it useful.

Ed.
Ed

Postby Fairie » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:37 am

I agree and it seems the older you are the less time you have.

My husband and I run a business together and then I also have a small business myself making and selling Aromatherapy products. It is so hard to find time for yourself let alone for excersise but I am determind as the weather is improving and longer light I will be making the effort.

I also would like to arrange a walk with Pam once or twce a week when things settle down.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Return to Exercise Talk