It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:12 am

Free Newsletter

Whats the best time to exercise?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Whats the best time to exercise?

Postby wantanewme » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:11 am

My husband got my exercise bike out of the shed. Since I find I get sore shin walking. I'm wondering when should I use it and when do you guys all work out?
wantanewme

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:15 am

hi!! i use mine at night when my shows are on :) i pop it in front of the telly and my daighter is asleep so i dont have any interruptions :) if i go for a walk or i do exercise dvds etc i like to do that DURING the day when my daughter has a nap- theyre more full on then an exercise bike i reckon :P
kate_turner2000

Postby Pinkie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:51 am

I like to do mine first thing in the morning. When school starts back I'll be getting up early and doing 30 - 60 mins before my boys get up and then it'll be breaky, shower and go! I also want to start doing my treadmill at night when Biggest Loser starts as well. That'll be motivation while watching the tv :D
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby tree » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:53 am

I do my excercize in the morning before work because I just know that once I get home and sit down I wont get changed and go out again.

So every night I put all my gym gear together ready for the morning and I get up as soon as the alarm goes off. It took while to get used to getting up earlier (5.35am) but eventually it just becomes habit.

I really think - any time you get some excercize is better than none at all!
T.

starting weight 91.2kg
current weight 85.2 kg
tree

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:23 pm

Depends on when I'm working! If I'm working in the evening, I'll do it in the morning, If I'm working in the morning it'll be in the evening!

Exercise revvs up your metabolism for a few hours afterwards (if you work hard enough!), so I guess it makes more sense to do it in the morning but it's just up to the individual, really!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Lolly » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:52 pm

I am not worried about the time that I actually exercise - any time that I can spare is great no matter when it is.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:00 pm

Very well said, Lolly!! As long as you can work it in, it doesn't matter when you do it!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby CrimsonThunder » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:52 am

Sometimes I work out about 3 in the morn or 4. Like I did then. I wonder if its better for me as I might lose more weight when I sleep?
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby wantanewme » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:40 am

Thanks for the advice. Some mornings I can't exercise at all so I fit it in during the day.
wantanewme

Postby KimE » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:22 pm

I'm with Lolly, the best time to exercise is the best time for YOU, whatever that is.

Personally I love it before lunch and that's when I manage to fit it in the best for my lifestyle. When I am on holidays I tend to do it earlier in the morning, to have the rest of the day clear.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Exercise Talk