It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:08 am

Free Newsletter

Emma's "Walk in the Park" Fitness Routine

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Emma's "Walk in the Park" Fitness Routine

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:12 pm

So I was thinking lately, how am I going to squeeze in exercise on the days I'll be at TAFE? I'll be working a fair bit and I'm going to be cancelling my gym membership because I can use the cardio/weights equipment at work and I won't be able to get there at the time my favourite classes are on.
I'm not great at the early-morning exercise thing. The only way I'll do it is if I don't have to go far!

So I've formulated a fitness routine to do at the park literally 2 houses down from me. This fitness routine could be done at home too, as long as you have enough room!

You will need: a Skipping Rope and something you can do Step Ups on.

[center]Emma's "Walk in the Park" Fitness Routine[/center]

Warm Up
5 min Power Walk/Jog

1) Step Ups – 1 min
2) Tricep Dips – 2 x 15

1) Skipping Up & Down Path (I'm not sure how long the path at my park is, but you could also do 1 min of skipping on the spot)
2) Step Ups – 1 min
3) Pushups – 2 x 15

1) Skipping Up & Down Path
2) Squats (Isometric) – 2 x 1 min

1) Mountain Climber – 1 min
2) Star Jumps – 1 min
3) Ab Crunches (Various) – 2 x 15 OR 2 x 1 min (for Hovers)

1) Skipping Up & Down Path
2) Lunges (Plyometric) – 2 x 15
3) Step Ups – 1 min

STOP here and cool down & stretch for a 35-40min workout..

OR
for a 50-55min workout

REPEAT
the following

1. Tricep Dips – 1 x 15
2. Pushups – 1 x 15
3. Squats (Isometric) – 1 x 1 min
4. Ab Crunches (Various) – 1 x 15 OR 1 x 1 min (for Hovers)
5. Lunges (Plyometric) – 1 x 15
6. Skipping Up & Down Path

Cool Down
3 min Walk + Stretching

And that's it!!! Here's a bit of a glossary if there are some terms/exercises you're not familiar with:

Isometric - Holding the position you're in so that the muscles are static, eg an Isometric Squat would be to rest your back against something, sink down into the Squat position (making sure your thighs are at 90 degree angles!) and hold the position for however long.

Plyometric - A dynamic, jumping movement, eg a Plyometric lunge would be to perform a normal lunge and then suddenly spring up as far as you can off the ground and switch legs to sink into another lunge.

Mountain Climber - Get yourself into a V-shaped position, hands & feet on the ground, bum up in the air. Then bring one knee into your chest and quickly switch legs, bringing the first knee back into starting position and the opposite knee into your chest. Keep this movement going for the minute.

Now, you don't HAVE to do the Plyometrics. Feel free to just do regular, static lunges, because plyometrics are pretty difficult. They get your heart rate up though :D With the Isometrics, 2 x 1 min may be too difficult for some to start off with. You can start off with 2 x 30 secs and gradually build it up in 15 second blocks.

Anyway, I hope you guys like it if you decide to try it! I consider myself to be pretty fit, and it gave me a decent workout!

Emma[/b]
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:35 pm

sounds like fun emma- might as well make use of your community's facilities. we took heidi to the local soccer oval for a run around this afternoon and it was great fun.

also you have heaps of spare time on your hands even though you work and have tafe! how do you find the time to scratch yourself let alone post frequently on here?!
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:07 pm

Hehe I have heaps of spare time at the moment, Kate! But once TAFE starts on 21st Feb, I won't!! My boss starts TAFE this week so I'll be covering some of his shifts.. and once my own course starts I'm going to be pretty flat out!

It'll just be the Tues & Wed's which will be hard because I'll be at TAFE 9-4 and work 4:30-9ish, depending on appointments etc. So that's why I decided to make up this routine :D

I do post a lot on here, eh :P :P At the moment I'm making the most of my free time and doing not much at all :P Cos I know things are about to get craaazy!
zeedeveelgirl

Return to Exercise Talk