It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:01 pm

Free Newsletter

The big apron flap over

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

The big apron flap over

Postby Iwillbefit » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:35 pm

:evil:

That's the emoticon I'm using to describe that big belly flap over - will it ever be gone? I know I can't spot reduce but if I slim down enough and use toning exercises will my belly ever be flat again?
I cracked the 90kg mark for the first time in two years, I'm happy!!
Iwillbefit

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:25 pm

who knows... perhaps a lot of it is skin... i know mine is from being pregnant. at least i can look down now and see the tops of my thighs and not have to lift that apron of fat up to have a look! *shudder*
kate_turner2000

Postby Iwillbefit » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:29 pm

Well I had two kids one after the other - but my youngest will be 4 in April!

I know alot of it is fat...but how can I know for sure? Even in the past 4 weeks there has been quite a change...wearing a top very losely that I couldn't wear comfortably before.
Iwillbefit

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:34 pm

the reason i know the difference (sure there probably still is a bit of fat there in my case) but the reason i know is because it has shrunk considerably. before my weightloss thus far my skin was my stretched around my stomach whereas now the 'apron' has kinda shrivelled in a way. sorry to gross you out! i can squeeze the skin and not feel anything because the nerves are dead. im glad i can see the tops of my undies now! it used to be buried under there!
kate_turner2000

Postby Iwillbefit » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:02 pm

I'm going to research this topic like crazy and post what I can find :D Fingers crossed everyone!!
Iwillbefit

Postby EmilyP » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:31 am

I'm glad to say that my fat apron has shrunk too! And i thought it was never gonna happen. My pants are starting to fall down :oops:
Emily...xox
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNV5Gb0/]
[/url]
EmilyP

Postby bluebox451 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:21 am

Found an interesting article on loose skin and how you can tell whether it is fat or just skin. Have a look
http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm
bluebox451

Postby yummymummy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:45 pm

my belly flap(ohh that sounds yuck) has defniately shrunk with weight loss but Im not sure if it will ever disappear all together I have alot of streach marks on my stomach and it seems to be the last place Im loosing fat; I noticed it first around the back and on my 'muffin tops' then it has slowly crept around the frount but I have a pouch that does not want to budgeI have heard that your testosterone levels can affect how much your skin elasticity bounces back
let us know how your research goes
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Justjudy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:17 pm

I have also had an "apron" belly even before I had kids. It has shrunk, but my skin hasn't really. I think the older (41) you get the less likely that your skin is going to be fitting you when you lose weight. Bit worried that I might end up looking like a thin elephant when I get to goal.
Judy
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Jisgone » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:06 pm

thats bluebox that site was awesome :)
Jisgone

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:48 pm

hahahhaa never thought a topic like this would make it to the forum!! It is great to notice the shrinking isn't it?? I know I still have a loooong way to go, but even after losing just 17.3kg I can notice the difference in mine too!! I can see a fat roll from my side disappearing and my belly is getting smaller. It is all exciting stuff!! My undies are getting higher up the belly (time for some new ones) and my shorts are doing the same (kinda like Steve Erkel) I think it is great!!

I had a quick squiz at that website, and I have book marked it to go back to....seems quite interesting!!

Well congrats to all who have lost their "dunlap" and to those of who are still losing it.....keep going, we too, one day will look down and say "shite I do believe I have toes!!"
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:06 pm

lol ally you make me laugh!

it is great when you start noticing changes. well done and enjoy your rising undies!
kate_turner2000

Postby Groovychic » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:05 am

Hahaha Ally. Yes its so interesting to watch the retreat of the overhang!!!! Mine is really isnt hanging anymore but it still protrudes so I got a way to go yet. Tho I dont expect to have a 6 pack happening there but am looking forward to just have one tum instead of 2!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Return to Exercise Talk