It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:17 pm

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby CrimsonThunder » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:01 am

I've been so lazy for the last two weeks. Unmotivated for working out maybe I'm just not eating enough therefore not getting enough energy or working too hard.

I want to work out but I just cant be bothered.

My room is all messy therefore I got no room to do some cardio or weights. I cleaned it the other day but its gotten messy again fast... And now I have TAFE so I've got another thing on the platter.

Also this lazyness hasn't stunted my weightloss I lost nearly 1.5 kg last week, I think this is because I'm eating really healthily and I get most of my "exersize" as such at work. Which is really hard work.

So really what this topic is about, how can I get myself motivated again? Any ideas? :( I want to lose the weight faster, sure 1.5kg a week is awesome but I want to see more results faster.
- Stevo

Postby Lolly » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:39 am

Tom I wish motivation came in pill form because I have not had any for the past week.

I have been sick and haven't done any exercise since last Thursday (a week :shock: ). I don't have my usual up and at em attitude happening either so I need to find that as well.

Personally, I think it is a matter of just jumping back into it and once you do, exercise will become the norm again. I might try this advice on Saturday cause I am a bit busy over the next 2 days...
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

Postby Vegetable » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:56 am

Dont be disappointed with a 1.5kg loss. In reality, that is a fantastic weightloss in a week (although nutritionists/drs etc only recommend losing the safe amount of .5-1kg per week ) I think its easy to compare our weightloss to contestants on the biggest loser, (somtimes without even realising, I did it the other day and its easy to get disheartened :shock: ) but that simply isnt reality. Be proud of what you have achieved, 1.5 is bloody fantastic! If you aim for a massive weightloss each week, you are most likely going to be disppointed. No one has huge losses all the time. As far as motivation goes, I am the most unmotivated person on earth. The only reason I get in my hour of exercise per day is because I force myself to do it by encorporating it into my life. (I am at home with little ones all day, but we all do aerobics together in the afternoon as a bit of fun. I have tafe too, and I study in the evenings. I either do my treadmill first thing in the AM or if I cant be bothered getting up, I will not allow myself to watch Tv at night unless I am walking on that treadmill) I say never mind about motivation, just make it an absolute priority (maybe walk on your breaks at work, or walk home from the bust stop, etc?) Set up a routine where you cannot avoid the exercise, and cannot possibly fail to do it, then even if you cant be bothered, you have to do it anyway.

Postby Justjudy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:02 am

Reckless, Vegetable is right! The only way that you can force yourself to exercise is to incorporate it into your life. It only takes 30 days to make a new habit, so try forcing yourself for 30 days!

I have to admit to being lazy at times, :oops: but I just put my clown shoes on and kick myself in the butt, then get on with it. :lol:

Lolly, you better get motivated this week or I will have to pull out the clown shoes again and kick YOU in the butt :lol: Remember weigh in is on Saturday - if you are not careful I will beat you :P

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

Return to Exercise Talk