It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby emma21 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:17 am

Has anyone been to contours and used their 29 minute program thing? What were your results like? How much did it cost? Would you recommend it to others? I'm looking to join a gym and contours is the closest to me and because its open at 7am my sister can babysit the kiddies before she goes to Tafe (better ask her first hay!)

Postby Iwillbefit » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:40 pm

I was just about to create the same thread.

On the biggest loser website there is plenty of good feedback for contours.

Only thing is I don't know whether I should go to my local gym and use the weight machines there or if I should join contours for their 29 min sessions :?
I cracked the 90kg mark for the first time in two years, I'm happy!!

Postby Chelle » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:49 pm

I've never herd of it before.... Is it like curves

Postby Shaunna » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:26 pm

it's the same idea as curves i think not sure if the machines are the same or not though? i've joined my local curves and i recommend it. However they've extended the circuit so its not 40 mins. I find its grea value for money, there is a great amount of support and its really good for fat burning!

Postby emma21 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:46 pm

I went into my local Contours for a look

It was a room full of gym equipment in a circle (I forget how many pieces of equipment there was). In the 29 minutes you do two circuits (including warm up and cool down). Didnt look too bad but at the moment I dont think I am fit enough (there was a chick there jumping around and I couldnt see myself doing that at my current weight).

Prices are: $49 a month if you are on a 12 month contract or $69 a month if you arent on a contract plus a $95 joining fee.

Postby *KaTe* » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:51 pm

I have just moved out of home and discovered there is a contours around the corner from my house...

Sussed it out Wednesday and I absolutely LOVE IT. Im extremely fussy these days with exercising/gyms and I just love the whole concept of the place. It's friendly, quick, and keeps you pumped the whole time!!

I am currently having 4 personal training sessions per week somewhere else...and since moving out have realised $37 per session is just too much with all the other expenses I now have...

So have decided to do training once a week and use contours 4-5 times per week...which equates to around $3.00 per session! Im very happy!!

So just thought I'd reccomend it to anyone who is thinking of giving it a go, is totally different to normal gyms, thats why I love it. Guessing it's simular to the curves concept...

You jump on a machine, workout for 45 seconds...theres music playing then after 45 sec's it says "change stations" and then you do some cardio on the spot which keeps your heart rate up for 45 sec's...then just continue around the circuit until you have finished.

It's great as your never waiting for machines and it's a great workout...Im used to getting pushed to the point where I feel sick with my trainer, and have found at contours I can push myself very hard by am loving it!! :D :D :D :D :D

Return to Exercise Talk