It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:48 am

Free Newsletter

What's your favourite form of exercise?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

What's your favourite form of exercise?

Postby milkyway » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:44 pm

I get my biggest kicks (parden the pun) from doing Taekwondo and other forms of martial arts training such as kickboxing, boxing and even Tae Bo classes.

Second to that, I love the feeling of heavy, tired legs after an all-day hike, out in the mountains on a warm, blue-skied day.

I also love swimming and the wonderful all-day floaty feeling it gives, but I am usually too lazy to get to the pool... and I hate the whole having to shower there and get organised with all my stuff before-hand.

I've tried the gym thing many times but get bored after about the first month and usually quit after about 3 after finding a multitude of excuses not to go.

What do you love and what do you hate?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Justjudy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:05 pm

I walk and walk and walk. It gives me think time. 8) When I have the kids they come too - they ride bikes - they like to pretend they are the trainers off BL and are training me. :lol:

I also swim sometimes for a change. The kids come for that, along with my Mum, that's how I actually manage to do some laps. I love the rythm of swimming - and the tone that it gives my upper body.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:32 pm

i wish i could just swim all the time! love being in the water. but i also love dancing and grew up doing tap jazz bllet acrobatics song and dance and drama. my fave was tap :) wish i could do a adults tap class but everyone would laugh at me!
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:48 pm

Kate you would be surprised at the people that you would find in an adults tap class :shock: I am sure that nobody would laugh at you!

Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby EmilyP » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:17 pm

I like walking :)
Sometimes i have a prob getting myself motivated to even go, but once i get out there i love it. I just listen to my music and walk, and if i feel like staying out of the house a bit longer i walk a bit further.

I used to love boxing, not the actuall fighting part but all the training bits leading up to it, skipping, weights, punching the bags the trianer etc lol
I bought a skipping rope a few weeks ago, but definately not as good at it as i remembered! But i was also about 20kgs lighter then too. :roll:
Emily...xox
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNV5Gb0/]
[/url]
EmilyP

Postby Chelle » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:05 pm

I love cardio & weights & boxing at the gym. Walking down at the breakwall next to the water is all time fav watching the dolfins swim buy. But when I move & get settled in I'm going to try Pole Dancing. I saw that there were classes for it I heard that you burn alot of calories & it is a really good form of exercise.
Chelle

Postby milkyway » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:34 pm

I love walking too, especially first thing in the morning. Cheap, easy and convenient :D

Justjudy wrote:Kate you would be surprised at the people that you would find in an adults tap class :shock: I am sure that nobody would laugh at you!

That's what I was thinking! You should give it a go, Kate, if that's what you love.

EmilyP wrote:I used to love boxing, not the actuall fighting part but all the training bits leading up to it, skipping, weights, punching the bags the trianer etc lol

Me too, I just love the training, not the actual fighting. I'm too old for that now :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:28 am

thanks girls i havent done it in years i would leave big pot holes in the floor hahaha
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:00 am

You would not leave big pot holes in the floor Kate. You should give it a go you might enjoy it again.
Chelle

Postby yummymummy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:22 am

I lurve walking at the beach; very nice!
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby KimE » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:57 pm

I love to walk but really any form of cardio activity. Love to get the body working.

Kate I did tap dancing for about 4 years....never thought of adult tap classes....crikey that could be fun!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zoeh » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:53 pm

i love jazz, contemporary and ballet

done it since i was 3, quit for a couple of years when I was in high school but went back to it... i go crazy without it

Also did hip hop and tap for a few years but only really have time now for contemporary and jazz

At the moment I do a contemporary class and then two jazz classes straight afterwards on Saturday afternoons there is a ballet class after that but after 3 hours of dancing and dripping in sweat, I dont think I can do a ballet class.
zoeh

Postby slimmindown » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:59 pm

swimming for me, love it. I like my circuit work at curves to but get a better endorphin rush from swimming laps :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Ally » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:59 am

Swimming is my favourite, but I also love walking and the WATP dvd's
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

re:

Postby Shaunna » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:21 pm

i love going to the gym as it helps me vent frustration from things going on in my life.

I also love pilates, only have it on dvd tough it makes me feel good about myself:)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weYetEN/]
[/url]
Shaunna

Next

Return to Exercise Talk