It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:48 pm

Free Newsletter

is this enough

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

is this enough

Postby grugwashere » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:28 am

hi all, ive been MIA for a while but the other day i saw a disgusting photo of my thighs.... ughhhh a 17 year old should not have thighs like that.. but any way...
heres my plan

walk from the station to work 25 mins( some days)
walk from work to the station aprox 25 mins to 30 mins fast walking

Run up 5 flights of stairs once (its all i can manage thus far)
and on sunday do situps and push ups and maybe some wieghts...

is it enough?
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby KimE » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:28 pm

I think it depends on what your goal is. Are you using it to get fitter, healthier, for weightloss or all of the above.

Walking is an excellent form of exercise although I feel you need to get your heart rate up a bit for it to be really beneficial. Personally I would work on doing this most days rather than some days. I also have a bias for weight training so if you can manage it more than once a week great but at least you are doing it and any exercise you do your body will love.

The PT's on here will probably give you better advice than me though.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby bluebox451 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:02 pm

If that's all you can fit in then that will do but its probably best to have a more structured routine of interval training 3 x per week and 3 x weights per week (plus as much incidental activity you can fit in). Then again, I know a lot of people who have lost weight just by power walking. Although, your diet must be spot on to get you good results. I think you could probably lose weight by doing what you're doing but be very careful you are not overdoing the food. Set some realistic goals and if you dont achieve them maybe tweak the diet a little bit more. Still allow for a treat every so often though. As for your wobbly bits, only resistance training can help there. Try lunges, squats and nothing beats running for a good bum lift! Remember, you cant spot reduce one area but a combination of effective training and diet will help you become more toned. Hope that helps.
Liz :D
bluebox451

Postby KimE » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:02 pm

Brilliant, jogging is a bum lifter...I like it even more now. I just thought it was really good cardio workout. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Exercise Talk