It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:21 am

Free Newsletter

Finding time

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:35 pm

LOL i know personally id rather go for a run than the censored hahahaha
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:46 pm

I MAY have SLIGHTLY exaggerated the 18hours a day thing :oops: LOL

He usually leaves home about 5/5:30a.m. and gets hom about 8/8:30p.m. So it's more like 15hours. It's still bloody ridiculous, he rarely sees the kids unfortunately, and he's paid CRAP! Ah well, it's a job, right?

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:06 pm

ah ok then LOL yeah its the same with mick, if he ever has a day off which is rare he sees what i do each day and wants to go back to work! lol. on the weekends he says he wants to go to work for a break and is always praising me for being a mum!

he also doesnt get to see heidi as often as he would like to, but we are on one income and need a roof over our head and food on the table
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:42 pm

There's an hour in the evening where you're cleaning up after everyone else in the house and preparing them for the next day. How bout get them to do some of their own dirty work, while you go out and do some exercise?

Or, during your time for relaxing with the hubby, you can both go for a jog together or something?
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby yummymummy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:37 pm

Maybe try doing 1 big grocery shop on the weekend to save you making lots of little trips during the week this will help free up some time and save money because its easier to budget for 1 big shop, I do this and stock up big time an milk bread f&v and the other staples we need.
Mabe go to the park with your son in the arvo and do some laps around the park or get him to ride his bike and you can jog/walk along beside him.
Or (I do this one) eat dinner a little earlier a couple of time a week and once your finished eating and digesting go off for a walk and let hubby and kids clean up. Its nice to share the load of the housework with your partner
:D Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby electrongirl » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:00 am

Hubby does help, but he works about 10-11 hours a day doing a very physical job, where I sit on my butt all day in an office job.

He is up at 4:30am and gone by 5:00. So he is very tired in the evenings. He usually falls asleep about 9.

My son has an intellectual disorder so he can only help out with housework to a certain degree.

I am only preparing mine and my sons lunch's, hubby does his own.

We do do a big shop once a week but we tend to run out of things during the week, or school will need something etc...

The only time I get to sit down and relax is the 60 - 90 minutes I get just before bed.

I'm not trying to make excuses but I honestly don't have the time.

I think I deserve to sit down and relax for an hour in my day, I really dont want to spend it exercising. I wish we would afford to have me go part time, but theres no way.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Ally » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:45 pm

Hey Nikki....this may help a bit with the saving time for shopping etc...make a list of the things you regularly run out of during the week and add these extra items to your trolley when you do the grocery shop (if they are non-perishables). I know it is not a bit lot of advice, but it may help a little bit. :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:53 am

Hi Nikki,

I don't want to sound nasty or to criticise or cause you any disrespect, but it is my honest opinion and that is why you came here for, so I'm just going to say what I thought when I read your post (I sincerely apologise to you if I cause you any hurt by writing this, as it is not my intention to do so :D ).

When I initially read your post I thought- ok Nikki is making excuses and justification as to why she can't fit in exercise. You stated that you aren't trying to make excuses but you just don't have the time to fit in exercise to your busy schedule. I’m sorry, (and I don’t mean to be cruel when I say this) but from my interpretation of what you have written you have made excuses. You stated "I think I deserve to sit down and relax for an hour in my day, I really dont want to spend it exercising".

All those reasons you listed are important factors in your life- yes you have responsibilities - your little boy, your hubby, your job and keeping house. However, you need to look deeply within yourself as to why you want to lose the weight. We all know that watching the amount of food we eat is not enough to win the battle of the bulge. We need to include exercise but you don't have to go gun ho about it, at least 3 times a week of light to moderate exercise.

Yes, you do deserve some sit down time after your busy day, but then again don’t you owe it to yourself to get your body moving at least 3 times a week. You can exercise Saturday and Sunday when you don’t have as gruelling schedule as during the week and you can take one night during the week to go for a walk or whatever form of exercise you choose to do just for half an hour and then spend that rest of the evening relaxing.

Alternatively you can get up half an hour earlier in the morning and go for a half hour walk which will bring you in pare to your daily schedule. If you feel uncomfortable leaving your child alone, why not do exercise at home, a work out DVD or jumping rope.

You have to look deeply within yourself as to why you are making excuses and justifying things in your head. Do you think that this is a barrier you have to explore, as it may be one of the reasons why you can never get past the 5kg mark?

Sometimes, you have to be a little selfish and say I deserve some “me” time and take that time to nurture and love your body and treat it with respect because at the end of the day no amount of excuses will shift that weight. Yes it’s hard work, yes it takes time, yes there are pit falls when times are hard and all you want to do is turn back to your old way of life. Yes it takes time to adapt to new way of life with some sacrifices but at the end of the day it will be worth it, when you can proudly say I did it.

I hope this helps you, I hope you read back on your posts and see that all it is, is a loss of motivation. Once you get your mojo back you’ll want to propel yourself forward to success.

Once again, I do apologise if I am being too upfront, I don’t mean to say this with any ill feeling or malice involved. Because I know that I would appreciate it if someone told it to my like it was,

I guess the reason I replied to your post was because last night I had coffee with a girlfriend who was feeling sorry for herself. She kept going on and on about how she didn’t have this and that and how everyone else had it, and how those people wouldn’t have it if it wasn’t for this or that. I had to stop her and tell her that it’s not going to improve her situation whinging about it instead she has to go out there face it and do something about it. It got me thinking about myself and how I self sabotage, make excuses and so forth. But not any more. I know what I want, I want it so bad, I am going to work to get it, and I will have it. It’s about having faith that you do deserve it and you can attain it.

Sorry for the long rant :lol: .

Cheers Jennifer.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby electrongirl » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:24 pm

I totally get what your saying.

And I know that the time I spend relaxing with my hubby I could be exercising.

However this is my reasoning:

We have only recently began living on our own. Also I was working shift work up until recently so we havn't had alot of time to ourselves since he came to Australia.

We are both kind of clingy at the moment with each other and tend to want to spend every minute together.

I know it sounds lame but thats just the way we are. We could go walking together but it means taking my son with us, which honestly would only hamper the exercise effort.

I have lost 20kg before without exercise so I can lose weight without exercise, but I do know that exercise is important.

I think once things settle down at home and our money situation gets better I will be able to get a treadmill at home and start going for walks.

Weekends we do go walking when we have time (We both work every second saturday).
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:01 pm

Hay Nikki

That is why I got my treadmill - even if I get on it for 15 mins a day at least I am doing something. I usually get on it around Biggest Loser time so I can watch it and exercise with them (I can feel like part of the house ... hehehe)

Keep smiling and we will chat soon!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Dee » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:32 pm

Yeha - that's why I want a bike - so I can workout while watching tv, specially BL

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby vanessa0305 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:57 am

I work, I have 4 children, one with Autism and one with aspergers syndrome. My hubby leaves home 4.30 every morning and doesn't get home till after 7pm.

When I finish work 3x a week I stop at Curves and do a workout before coming home!

If I can fit it into my busy schedule any one can! I also live in the middle of nowhere and have to drive long distances to get the kids to where they have to go each day but my hubby and I agreed that this is something I have to do for myself. Its important and not just for the weight loss. Its important for my health, my bones and my heart. Its something that just can't be looked over. 30mins 3x a week is really something everyone can do!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby Justjudy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:07 am

You are certainly doing a great job Vanessa. A lot of women put themselves last (me included at times), without realising that if they don't look after themselves, they are not going to be able to look after the rest of the crew in the long run.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:49 am

ah yes the joys of being a mum- you come last always! thats why its important to make some time to yourself. i agree with judy vanessa, i have worked with additional needs children and i have such respect for the parents.
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:55 am

kate_turner2000 wrote: i have worked with additional needs children and i have such respect for the parents.

My bf works with additional needs kids. It is very stressful, and I too have such respect for parents who deal with this 24/7, trying to deal with the everyday and then trying to fit in time for other things is hard enough without then trying to find time for yourself. At least he has some time off even if it is only 8 hours at times (shortstaffed, and frequently does double shifts).

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

PreviousNext

Return to Exercise Talk