It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Questions, Questions and More....

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Questions, Questions and More....

Postby Tas » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:44 am

Here I go again LOL (are you sick of all these questions yet?) :oops:

This has been bothering me for some time so I thought it was time I aired it and got other views on it :lol:

I was 84.7kilos - then started excersing and gained 500 grams - yep that's right a half a kilo in the first week of exercising!! Then I went back down to 84.7 on the 6th October.

I have continued my exercise program and low fat diet since the 6th October and have reached 81.1 kilos - my clothes are much, much looser and have had to have a couple of things taken in to keep me going - yet the scales don't seem to reflect the amount of weight loss that my clothes do :(

Does any one else have the same happen to them? I am a bit confused...

Thanks yet again :)

Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:51 am

Hi Maria, firstly congratulations on losing that weight and for managing to get your clothes to loosen up.

You have built up your strong healthy (heavy) muscles and each day these muscles are burning up your bulky body fat.
So what's happening to you is all normal.
Now that you've established those muscles, the scales will be moving down more qyuickly.

hugs
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:40 am

Can't help answer that one Tas, I haven't built up my muscles yet. :wink:

You are doing so well and I agree with Dolly it will show on the scales soon. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Tas » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:31 pm

Hi Dolly and Fairie - Thank you

Oh I see what you mean, I think :) so the fat is turning to muscle? and muscle weighs the same as fat I assume? The fat bits seem to be shifting and altering (I know, I find it hard to express what I mean LOL) altering by the way of it feels different not quite as solid.

I took in 5 tops to be altered yesterday and they just called me to collect them and I must admit I am begining to look at myself in the mirror and notice a difference - not a huge difference but a difference non the less. The altered clothes also makes me feel better too - the tops aren't as baggy so it makes the muscle toning/fat loss more noticeable.

Thanks again, you're amazing and very helpful, I appreciate it.

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:10 pm

Not quite, your fat doesn't actually turn into muscle.
Your body contains lots of muscles and it also contains fat cells.
As you exercise, the muscles become larger and your metabolic rate increases which in turn burns more fat calories.
For every extra pound of muscle you put on, your body uses around 50 extra calories a day.

Training with weights just 3 times a week for around 20 minutes is enough to build muscle. Not only will you be burning more calories, you’ll look better – whatever your weight and that's what happened to you when you jumped on the scale the other day. It can only get easier if you keep up the muscle work.
Dolly

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:40 pm

i know this isnt really subjust related but im from america and im just wondering how kilo s are converted to lbs.?

Postby Dolly » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:17 pm

Hi Ash, when I was with the American diet group called eDiets for almost 4 years, this converter calculator link was my lifesaver.

POUNDS TO KILOGRAMS CONVERTER - http://www.manuelsweb.com/kg_lbs.htm

We're pretty easy going here in Oz you can make your ticker graph or post your weights in pounds without converting if you like.

To make a tickergraph just click on anyones graph then follow the given instructions that appear. At the end of it you will see a bbCode, just copy and paste it back to your post here.

Ash, have you clicked Log in, on the top right of your screen? that way the name guest will disappear and be replaced with Ash or whatever name you chose.
Dolly

Return to Exercise Talk