It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:27 am

Free Newsletter

My Own Little Gym

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

My Own Little Gym

Postby Ally » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:56 am

I have just realised that I am creating my own little gym downstairs under our house....sure it is not flash and there is no mirrors (thankful for THAT small miracle)...there is no air cons, bright lights, new equiptment, or hot sweaty bodies (except mine!!) I have my u-beaut exercise bike that doesn't have a timer/distance/calorie count on it anymore (a damn rat chewed the chord), my rusty old rowing machine that still works a treat and after replying to Dee's thread about besser blocks, that is the next item I will be adding to my "gym"....for my birthday I will be requesting a cheap 34cm tv and the cheapest dvd player so that I can also set it up downstairs so that I can exercise when I want to and not when the telly is free!! Once I get under the 125kg mark there will also be a treaddy going under there too......

Just thought I would share this with you all as it just goes to show that fitness and exercise does not have to cost a fortune or an expensive gym membership!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:04 am

Woohoo good on you Ally. I would love to have my own gym but I just don't have the room for any more equipment unless it is small. I mean I do have a gym but it really only has weight stuff. All the cardio is on DVD which is why I have my comp in here.

Ally's All-Star Gym

Sounds like you are getting really sorted and have a great variety to exercise with.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:06 am

Thanks Kim.....I might have to put that insignia up on the garage door!! :D My aim is to get Scott to paint under the house white (I am sure the landlord won't mind :? ) so it is not so dark and dingy!
[/url]
Ally

Postby enli » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:19 am

I have a tube train that I bought when I first tried the ultra lite diet. Whole gym work out that can store in a cupboard? Unfortunately, it is so small and compact and convenient that I have NO idea where it is after we moved house :?
enli

Postby Ally » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:21 am

That sounds interesting enli.....wow that would be a great little gadget to have if it fits into your cupboard!! I hope you find it soon mate!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:43 am

LOL oh dear I read that as tube brain and wondered what that had to do with exercise. :roll: See what happens when I am off work for a week my brain goes to mush.

OK so tube train what is it? Sounds great if you can store it away easily but as you say not so good if you loose it. Sounds interesting.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby enli » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:05 am

Losing it is not so difficult... Losing it when you're MOVING HOUSE is a different story altogether.

It's resistance band training and it comes with a video so you get a complete workout. I love mine but you do need to be disciplined enough to USE it at home when noone is around to tell you to (I'm not). It's a good way of doing resistance muscle-building though, when you are on a budget and lacking space.

Tube Train (Exercise Program)

Resistance Exercise System to Build Muscle Mass. A simple system of resistance exercise designed to assist the general non-gym-going public to achieve and maintain a healthy level of lean muscle mass, which has been shown to be the most important "Biomarker of Ageing" in the pursuit of vitality and longevity.

http://www.metagenics.com.au/
enli

Postby Ally » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:05 am

Oh Kim...you are a laugh a minute!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:09 am

hey ally that sounds great mate. you are right exercise doesnt have to cost a fortune to do. lets hope the rat doesnt eat through your telly and dvd cords haha
kate_turner2000

Postby yummymummy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:35 pm

sounds great Ally, I would love a area like that mine is all set up in the lounge at the mo, it looks a little crowded but it does the trick I guess
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Ally » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:32 pm

this has inadvertantly sprang up under the house, so it is right out of the way, which is great!! I was always complaining that I wanted my stuff upstairs, but this works really well!

Nah Kate....Racumin is great for rats!! they love it...we had a lot of them from time to time because of the chook food and goat food...then we went and spent 70 bucks on 2 drums that nothing could get into, then we had to get rid of the goats and the fox killed all the chooks..... :roll: we ended up buying the racumin and we put it on top of the wardrobe under the house that night intending to scatter the sachets everywhere over the next couple of days and we came home a couple of days later to find the packets on the floor slashed open and all the 120 sachets gone.....heheheh no more rats/mice!! :P
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:53 pm

wow ive never heard of racumin. will keep it in mind. ta ally!!
kate_turner2000

Postby *KaTe* » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:10 pm

Good on you 4 setting up your own gym! :D

I hate gyms, so my plan is when I move out next month is to set up my own gym in the garage....

Just gonna keep it simple, you dont need heaps to get a great body. Have been sussing out home gyms on ebay...so will be getting one of them...a treadmill and just some free weights!

Plus my dvds so will be rockin!! he he...

So yeah good on you, the best bit is you can do it whenever you want in the privacy of your own home...no sweaty,lycra wearing muscley people to fight over the machines with!! HA HA :D
*KaTe*

Postby milkyway » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:22 pm

Sounds great, Ally!

I have a little boxing studio (speed ball & punch/kick bag) out in our dingy old shed - so dingy that it's not very appealing to use... so I hardly ever us it!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby KimE » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:32 pm

LOL Ally self service for the rats...perfect!

Enli thanks for the info on the tube train it does sound good.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Next

Return to Exercise Talk