It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:23 am

Free Newsletter

My Own Little Gym

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Chelle » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:14 am

mate that is awsome, Great way to reward yourself to get to your mini goal with a tready. lol about the rats though.
Chelle

Postby Dave » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:40 pm

Way to go Ally,
I have an ancient York weight machine that is falling to pieces, an old chest expander & power twister from my hay day. I also use a truck axle and a few wheels from time to time as well as a load of bricks. I was once busted face first, square up against my garage door (like a insect squashed against a windshield)with my hands spread to keep me there, rising up and down. The POST Lady pulled up and I turned my necks to see her “OMG expression” and said, it’s ok………… I’m just doing calf raises :roll:

You got plans to get some music happening? I've just got to make a few rocky discs up, with some other hard core 80's Rock.

LOL @ no mirrors.....hahahahahaaa...know what you mean there...I think I'm growing out of the mirror stage...you can always use the down town shop mirrors or glass if you get desperate :lol: Never hurts to tuck in the butt and square the shoulders. I'll stop at flicking the hair though :wink:

Latter Ally
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby Ally » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:14 pm

well that would have been an interesting sight for the post lady!! Probably put her off of exercising for life!!!

yes music would be another plus, never even thought about that ( :roll: )!! I will have to pinch my hubbies discs...sshh don't tell him :wink: I have discovered the joys of being under there when the trucking company comes in and dust comes flying under the house....great for the lungs :? ...I am still working on the tv/dvd option....just read what Kate said about the rats and I don't know whether I want to risk it!! :P

hehehehe might be alright for a bloke to square his shoulders, but if I tried to tuck in my behind and square my shoulders I swear I would lose balance and fall headlong into shop window I was perving in! :P :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dave » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:23 pm

LOL........ :lol:
TV/DVD option.......I found myself thinking about it, but then thought I might look a bit funny getting into that.......Then again, what's the dif from doing it the gym...

How about just getting some cheap stuff from a hock shop or tender centre, so as the risk is not as high...just keep some poison out, they should'nt chew through any cords, but rather go the food.
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby chrisj » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:44 pm

haha dave the home gym is the way to go as set up costs are about the same as gym member for weights and forcardio you can walk out side....but i have my in my garage with my treadfmill and weights and computer ....i put on so 80's rock and get into it...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS5cfpS/]
[/url]
chrisj

Postby Ally » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:52 pm

my kids join in with the exercise dvd's which is great...actually my 3 girls join in, my boy sits there and makes jokes and comments :roll: but at least he is participating :P

...yeah the racumin is a regular visitor at our house, so I guess it won't be a problem....the IGA supermarket had dvd players the other day for 49 bucks, but the tender centre and hock shops sound like a pretty good option too :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Previous

Return to Exercise Talk