It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:54 am

Free Newsletter

Question I need help on please...

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Question I need help on please...

Postby daisyprincess » Tue May 08, 2007 8:05 pm

Hi everyone, I am new to this board, but I really hope someone can help me.

I exercise every day for about 30-40 mins and have done so 5 times a week for the past few months alternating between walking/jogging and using my stepper. But the last few times I have exercised, and after about ten minutes of exercising once I am in a really good rythym and have picked up the pace a bit, my legs start to burn and tingle and they start to get incredibly itchy and then the rest of my body does the same thing. It is so bad I have to stop what I am doing, strip off and just scratch, scratch and scratch! It is incredibly painful and the burning sensation of itchiness is everywhere - all over my body. I just have to scratch so much that I draw blood...

I am not sure what is causing it, I weigh 60kgs so I dont see it as a fat burning side effect but am really not sure what is causing it. If anyone has any advice or information they can give me I would be so grateful, because I would hate to not be able to exercise because of it but at the moment am afraid to because of the intense pain that I end up any info would be fantastic.

Has anyone else experienced this before? Or do they have any advice??

please. :(

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:25 pm

hey daisy wow it sounds like a blood pressure thing it me! but i aint no doctor so id get it checked out by a professional. i know after running or power walking my legs get tingly but thats just the blood flowing through them and ive worked out that that is how i know i have pushed myself hard enough. id get your symptoms checked out by the dr :)

Postby KimE » Tue May 08, 2007 8:30 pm

Oh daisy that sounds awful. I haven't experienced this at all and I can only recommend you go and see your doctor.

Ok I did a little search and found this link. Not sure if it's what is happening to you but have a good read of the whole page and hopefully you get some use out of it. ... tching.htm
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby daisyprincess » Tue May 08, 2007 10:50 pm

thanks KimE and kate for your advice and for that article also...I think I may also try taking some anti histamines before exercising also and see if that helps. If it doesnt I guess I will have to get it seen too.

I was just wondering if anyone else had suffered or knew anything about it before me. :?:

Postby Chelle » Tue May 08, 2007 11:16 pm

I have never exerienced that before, or even heard of it, I suggest go to the doctors mate better to be safe than sorry.

Postby slimmindown » Wed May 09, 2007 12:03 pm

the only time that I have experienced anything similar is after a massage . The toxins that are released when the muscle is massaged cause itchiness and I can scratch and scratch.
Not sure if this helps :roll:
[no excuses, I can do it!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed May 09, 2007 4:40 pm

see a doctor. That does NOT sound like a normal reaction and you need to get it checked.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Exercise Talk