It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:46 am

Free Newsletter

best excerise?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

best excerise?

Postby milo » Sat May 26, 2007 7:20 pm

What do u think is the best excerise for your body?

I hate excerise but suppose got to get back into it...

I walk, have dvd's and have a excerise bike
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby gea » Sat May 26, 2007 9:47 pm

The best exercise is the one you enjoy most doing.

I enjoy walking the most, so I like the treadmill or walks outside.

I do have dvd's at home and exercise bike and cross trainer at the gym but I don't enjoy doing that as much so I walk.

Others prefer dancing or cycling.

Best of luck on what you decide, exercise will make you feel so much better :)
gea

Postby BubbleButt » Sun May 27, 2007 10:05 am

I used to enjoy walking but after four or so ankle injuries over the years including crushing an ankle joint, it's not as much fun after a while because my ankles ache and sometimes it gets so painful I have to sit for half an hour to let them rest, especially in winter. Mind you there will be other days where I can walk all day and it won't hurt until I stop later that night.

At the moment though I'm enjoying my exercise bike at home; I also have some dvds which I found last night so we will see how I enjoy them.

Gea is right though, the best exercise is what you feel comfortable and enjoy doing, otherwise it's just a bore and you'll stop doing it.

Good luck finding your exercise!
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
BubbleButt

Postby milkyway » Sun May 27, 2007 1:21 pm

gea wrote:The best exercise is the one you enjoy most doing.

Couldn't agree more.

Second to that is convenience - one that isn't going to allow you to come up with 1000 little excuses not to do it because it's just too easy - throw on some trackie daks and go for a walk around the block.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 27, 2007 4:54 pm

yep do what you enjoy :) i think walking is a wonderful all round exercise to do. the body is made to walk- its a natural thing :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon May 28, 2007 2:34 pm

We could all have a stab at arguing the cause for a certain exercise - burns more calories, builds more lean muscle etc. The fact is that unless you actually do it, it's going to be useless. And different exercise is better for different things (cardio v strength, high impact v low impact etc) Therefore as has been said, the best exercise is whatever exercise you will do regularly. Here are some ideas to get you thinking:

Some people find going to the gym suits them because it gives them a time and a place and a purpose and maybe a trainer to get their butt in gear.

Some people like to walk because they can fit it in anywhere in the day and it's low impact. Running is similar, but higher impact.

Some people like team sports for the social/fun side of things and the ability to get competitive and the fact that you HAVE to go to training and games so no excuses. (hockey, footy, touch footy, basketball, tennis, badminton, squash...the list goes on and on)

Some people like to be a bit different and do something like belly dancing or pole dancing or a martial art.

I like to cycle to work/uni because it saves me money and incorporates 'exercise' as transport (I hate the idea of exercising just for the sake of exercising).
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby ISparkyI » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:28 am

Favourite for me would have to be my Ipod on full Revs listening to thrashy music while on the Cross Trainer.

I find this equipment has the least amount of joint shock *not sure of the terminology sorry guys.

I found that road jogging and walking would make the fronts of my shins sore . .

Shaun
Nothing Ventured . . Nothing Gained . . .

ISparkyI

Postby Ally » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:45 am

It is always good to find an exercise that suits you!! You may find Shaun as you get closer to goal that you may be able to take up jogging again....it just depends on how your body handles it :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby slimmindown » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:49 pm

I love swimming, and walking and getting out in the fresh air. I also enjoy the circuit work I do at curves, its simple and I always feel like I've had a god workout afterwards.
If you have to drag yourself to do something maybe its not for you, you have to enjoy it a little bit :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:40 pm

I have just decovered boxing. It is unreal I love it I think I might buy an boxing bag for at home
Chelle

Postby milo » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:47 pm

I have decided to ride the bike onnce or twice a week and on the other 2 days do a dvd or a circut plus walk the dog daily... This will start on Saturday :D Wish me luck

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

yoga

Postby Lugano » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:13 pm

I find yoga so essential for life and great for weight loss. Who would like to do some yoga?
Lugano

Postby milo » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:31 pm

Chelle wrote:I have just decovered boxing. It is unreal I love it I think I might buy an boxing bag for at home

I brought a kick boxing dvd ages ago when I was excerising every day and my god it is so hard. I remember the first time I did it I ached for a wekk after it :lol: It was so hard to finsih all of the dvd but I often did it.

I should give it ago again soon, once I get back into being fit again.

I have always wanted to get a boxing bag, are the expensive?

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Return to Exercise Talk