It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:47 pm

Free Newsletter

step into life , anyone?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

step into life , anyone?

Postby slimmindown » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:08 pm

I'm thinking of trying this outdoor group training thing. They have a free trial at the moment . There are groups all over Australia. Has anyone tried it or know someone that has :?:
You can do all different types of training cardio or toning, fitball,kickboxing or a boot camp.
It is all done outside in local parks. Sounds interesting.
I'm waiting till next week to see how my back is, before committing to it. The times are 6.00am or 6.30pm in my area. So could definetly work around work...
You do get tshirts if you reach certain levels of fitness and stuff, love anything like that, fickle arn't I :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.stepintolife.com.au/whystepintolife.php
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:24 pm

hey deb i love things like that too :) it makes things in life funner (if thats even a word haha).

have a look into it mate and see how you feel. we all have to try things like this to see if theyre for us or not. i know a lot of people who do training like that feel more motivated and have a lot of success with their health :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:40 pm

My sister in-law does that wednesday night & loves it
Chelle

Postby bluebox451 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:43 pm

Yes, its great. I go once a week if I can. Its fun working outdoors - I get bored of the gym all the time. Great people and works for all fitness levels.
Liz :D
bluebox451

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:49 pm

My friend used to work for them, he had a lot of fun taking the sessions and they sounded good to me!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Karnak » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:30 am

I do Croydon Step Into Life and I have been for just over a year. Without wanting to sound cheezy but its changed my life. I started off at 188kgs and now I'm down to 129kg and its mainly due to the support and encouragement I get at Step Into Life.

I work out next to triathaletics and grannys and everyone supports each other and work at their own pace.

Its outdoors and its what I call "honest" exercise. its about running, situps, step ups - and games !. its not 30 minutes with mirrors and lycra, its a solid hour with trackydaks and sweat.

Hope this helps.
Karnak

Postby sassi » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:24 am

i just looked them up & there's one walking distance from my house. i'd never heard of them :oops:

they sound pretty good though. has anyone tried the kickboxing?
sassi

Postby Karnak » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:37 am

Yes I've done the kickboxing one. Its a great workout and heaps of fun - but boy do you feel it the next day after your first time !.
Karnak

Postby sassi » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:25 am

Karnak wrote:Yes I've done the kickboxing one. Its a great workout and heaps of fun - but boy do you feel it the next day after your first time !.
cool, it sounds like fun :)

i get a bit shy about working out with new people - did you go by yourself or did you take a friend along?

i know, i know - i'm a chicken - but i figure that the kickboxing especially is something you do in pairs?
sassi

Postby Karnak » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:11 pm

I went by myself- and actually most people do. Friends of mine have since joined but usually people join individually.
Karnak

Postby yummymummy » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:19 pm

I just signed up too Im going thursday night and am doing a toning class, it sounds like fun
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Karnak » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:55 pm

How have you guys gone with Step Into Life ?
Karnak

Re: step into life , anyone?

Postby Ally147 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:00 pm

I would love to hear feedback on Step into life.... Im training as a personal trainer and am thinking of buying into the franchise and having my own outdoor groups.... hearing feedback would help my decision
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIbKc5e/]
[/url]
Ally147

Postby Karnak » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:06 am

I lurvvvve Step Into Life - I've been going for 3 years and complete convert. To begin with its group - thus other people which means support, people and friends. The system allows tri-atheletes to train next to fatty-bombars like myself and equally work at the limits. Its natural and "honest" mainly due to it being outside so stepups are on curbs and pushups are on the grass and when you run, you run on an oval or around the streets. I love that its always different, I've never in more than 300 sessions done the same session twice. It always pushes you to your limits, theres no plateau effect with your exercise. The trainers care about and know you and give you individual help but your still part of a team.

Best of all I go - be it the people or the way that it's setup but I go all the time. At a gym no-one every used to miss me and in fact the gym was happy that I didn't show up. At SIL people care and people know. Also theres always goals and things happening. Like a present we are all training for the R4Kids - we do extra sessions and some of the group are aiming for >1:00 finishes - me I'm aiming for sub 2 hours :D.

I really can't rave about it enough - it changed my life.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy5Nvxw/]
[/url]
Karnak

Postby Ally147 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:55 pm

Thank you for that!! Sounds fantastic!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIbKc5e/]
[/url]
Ally147

Return to Exercise Talk