It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:48 pm

Free Newsletter

Walking faster

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Walking faster

Postby shelbel » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:09 pm

Today i discovered a not so great way to push yourself harder when out for a walk. :D

I went out to get the paper as there was a break in the weather. It was clear enough so i thought i'll go for a few extra blocks. I have around trip i use often when going to the shops. Of course guess what happens when im half way there? :shock: It starts raining, i have a choice, i can get wet or i can run. I chose to run. So when i finally get to the shop for my paper i burst in the door with super frizzy hair ( i could see it in the windows!), panting like a animal and a face with, not a pleasant flush, but something resembling a ripe tomato! The man who served me just looked at me with a smirk! Of course then it stops raining! :twisted: And i have to walk the rest of the way home in smelly wet clothes with bad hair and a red face! Oh well, at least i got some exercise!! :D

So next time i want to push myself, i'll go walking when its due to rain!!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby milkyway » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:23 pm

Hahaha - funny picture of you and frizzy hair and tomato cheeks in my mind ;) I turn red at the slightest of exercise but it takes a while for me to actually start sweating... and it takes forever to get back to normal!

Another tip for walking faster is to pump your arms. the faster you pump your arms, the quicker your legs will go to keep up with your arms. Sounds weird, but it works!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:08 pm

haha i can imagine it shel! imagine the cals you burned!
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:16 am

I can just imagine it in my mind lol at least you got your exercise in for the day..
Chelle

Postby KimE » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:28 pm

Good on ya for pushing yourself, sometimes that's all it takes is a bit of rain. Couldn't help chuckling over the frizzy hair though. Mine doesn't get frizzy it just hangs lank and sad looking and makes me look like a drowned rat!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Exercise Talk