It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:34 am

Free Newsletter

Treadmills

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Suminoya Buffet » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:35 am

I live in an old 1920's styled apartment at the beach with wooden floors (poor neighbours :( ) so I was wondering if someone could recommend me a small/compact and v. quiet treadmill that I can use, just for some fast walking/light jogging ?

Thanks a bunch, I've been looking online but they always take me to American sites or treadmills that are priced $5000.00 + :roll:
Suminoya Buffet

Postby Maraver » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:58 am

My treadmill is not small but it is quiet, I would suggest you could put an old piece of carpet under it, I think most good treadmills are cumbersome pieces of machinery, I will look on line for you
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby shokoden » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:55 pm

They have some on e-bay not sure on the quality but i was thinking of updating mine as i don't have incline on it. I bought mine about 4 years ago hired it from a fitness mob for 3 months and then i purchased it and they took off the 3 months hire fee off of the price , cost me about $900 all up including the three month fee.
shokoden

Postby Bevels78 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:23 pm

I have one at home. I do 20 minute walk at least 5 times a week.
After a while I will increase the time as I have only been doing it for the last few weeks.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy0M35I/]
[/url]

FRIDGE PICKERS WEAR BIGGER KNICKERS
Bevels78

Postby Chelle » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:26 pm

My mum bought one off ebay for 600 it said rrp 1000 it goes alright I don't know about running on it though.
Chelle

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:27 pm

Check out Fitness World. They have a wide variety of treadmills.

Other places you could look at are Amart All Sports and Rebel Sports.

I purchased mine from Rebel Sports it cost $1600, is very quite, inclines up to 12 and is suitable for walking and running. It has 4 programmes you can do: fat burning, interval walking, interval training and strength training.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:29 pm

Oops :oops: I meant to write "Workout World" rather than "Fitness World" lol.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Ses » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:07 pm

Mine is a York from sportsman warehouse. It was an ex floor model, and only cost $500 (1/2 price).
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

Postby oostevens » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:51 pm

I rent mine from Radio Rentals i dunno what sort it is lol but it has incline, and speeds up to 12k/h and it has diff programs you can do.

It monitors your heartrate and speed and distance and....calories burned (not sure how correct that is)

I am still trying to figure out what I should be doing on it. Atm i am just walking for say 30-40mins on 4.2kms an hr at incline set on num 10 but yeah....if anyone has suggestions on a good speed for a good workout, let me know :p
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Ses » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:01 pm

I am following the couch to 5 k running plan on mine - alternating between 5.5k walking and 7.5k jogging. Mine also has some pre-set workouts, that step up the speed at varied rates eg 5 min at 3k/hr; 6 min at 4k/hr, 6 min at 5k/hr, 8 min at 6k/hour, 5min at 4 k/hr.
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

Postby esoteric » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:24 am

My tready has helped me alot, I don't like to go outside much, I am on the first varied interval, its gotten pretty easy.

I noticed something, when I listen to music my heart rate was higher, but lately when I am watching TV I look down at the heart rate and it's lower. I'm not sure if it's the concentration on what I am doing or if it's that I have built myself up to it.

Around 6 weeks ago I was using it everyday, then I stopped everything for like 3 weeks just gave into the blah's feeling.

Now I am back for the past few days and I am feeling like moving and doing things. But now I do find my heart rate is not up like it was before. It would peak up to around 130 now its peaked up to around 115 or less.

TV helps me not to feel with what I am doing at the moment, I could be on the couch laying back but working out sure gives me more energy that I find after I am done. I think about giving it another round.

I do about an hour a day 4km and 6km alternating every 5 min. Then cool down for 5 min. 3 km and 1.5 km half of that 5 min. I feel it in my stomach, I feel like I am holding it in when I notice that I try to release my stomach muscles but still I feel like I am holding it in. :roll: Maybe those are muscles I never knew existed before. :lol:

My feet feel they are taking a hit at it. I got new running shoes but it doesn't make a difference. I used it on a thin rug it was the same and now its in the front room on hard flooring seems to make no difference, maybe its just my weight being pushed on my feet.

Sorry to make a short story long. :D

esoteric

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:41 pm

LOL i wouldnt want to go outside much in egypt either! bugger that heat LOL.
kate_turner2000

Postby Bread-Monster » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:39 pm

I hate treadmills, I find to get the same work out on the treadmill as I do from running outdoors, I need to set the incline at 5% and run 10km/h for 30 minutes. Blah. It's also boring so what I do is start at 10, and every 5 minutes I go up by 2 or 3 and for the last minute, I crank it up to 16 and run for my life. By the end of that, 7km/h feels like a slow walk while I'm clutching my chest and gasping for air.

For someone who hasn't used a treadmill much, start jogging at 7km/h and see if you can do it for 20 minutes. the next day, try doing it at 7.2 for 25 minutes. Take a rest day then do 7.5 for 30 minutes. I found that helped me out at the start.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:58 am

when i used my neighbour's treadie the othe day it took me ages to figure out how fast I should have it at. because I didn't have the cues of the scenery passing, I didn't know if I was running faster or slower than when on the road and then every now and then the belt would slip which was highly disconcerting and occasionally I would veer off course and hit the sides.

Long story short - I'd prefer to run on the road!!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Previous

Return to Exercise Talk