It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:18 am

Free Newsletter

Aerobic step

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Aerobic step

Postby carla » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:01 pm

I saw this 'aerobic step' tool in k-mart yesterday which cost over 30 dollars and all it is, is a like this little stool about the size of a couple of phone books.

Anyway, does anyone do step aerobics here or know much about it in terms of benefits, ease, muscle toning and weight loss?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby reester33 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:21 pm

Hi Carla,

I've done some step aerobics in the past and I found it very difficult on the knees. Most step classes involve complex routines for the novice and if you're pretty uncoordinated it can be quite difficult.

However it's good for toning butt and thighs, and if you're really moving you can increase your cardiovascular workload and lose some weight. You need to strip those fat layers off with cardio exercises to see the "ripped" muscle layer underneath!! :lol:

If you've already bought the stepper start off slowly and stop if you have any discomfort.

:) Maree

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

Postby carla » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:50 am

Thanks Reester!

No way though I was gonna buy it when I can just as easily use a couple of phone books gaffa-taped together. hehe
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby Chelle » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:31 pm

I do step class at the gym, i think that it is execellant for toning & get's the heart rate up. Let us know how you go.
Chelle

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:58 pm

hehe I found one of those aerobic steps on someones hard rubbish :oops: LOL never used it though....currently its being used as a bed for teddies by the little man lol
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Searching501 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:31 pm

I've never used a step block to exercise by myself at home, but when I had a gym membership, i used to do the step classes and loved them. I found it to be a lot more fun than say, running on a treadmill, yet just as good, if not a better workout. The class atmosphere was really motivating, and i found that because of all the moves, it was almost as though i got both a cardio and toning workout in one. Used to tone my bum/thigh muscles great. I wonder if maybe you could get some videos, or even make up your own routines? Good luck
Searching501

Return to Exercise Talk