It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:30 am

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Serena » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:09 pm

I have been needing new runners for a while now and since I'm fairly prone to knee, ankle and foot injuries I have been avoiding exercise. Well, today, at long long last, I've finally got a new pair of runners. So I took the dog for a walk - 1.92km according to the pedometer. And I am absolutely stuffed! I can't believe how unfit I've become. I've always been large but generally fairly fit. 12 months ago I was walking 6-8km a day and loving it. Today I barely got to the end of our street before my legs were tired. It's just not good enough! Maybe this was the wake-up call I needed!
Tomorrow I will try to go a little further.

Go girl!

Postby Hayley » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:13 pm

Good on you Serena! You've got more motivation than I do - that's for sure. I know exactly how you feel. I walked for an hour on the treadmill this morning and nearly died too! I've never been really fit but always been fitter than I am now and maybe that's a wakeup call for me too! Keep up your great work. You'll probably be sore tomorrow but go for a walk and you'll feel empowered when you get back because you've taken control of your life. Just keep that end goal in sight and you'll find you will achieve it with hard work and determination. Good job! :)Exmouth WA

Return to Exercise Talk