It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:43 pm

Free Newsletter

exercise after a ceaser

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

exercise after a ceaser

Postby chubba momma » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:00 pm

hi there i was wondering if anyone could help me .. pehaps there is some one on here who has had to have a ceaser for any of their children? My last was an emergency and i am now 8 weeks post op and feeling almost completley back to normal but im worried what exercises i can do that are "safe" after that kind of operation. I still find sit ups too uncomfy and sore at the moment,

I try to walk with teh kids every day but desperatley need some other exercises to do!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby milkyway » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:07 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. Don't know much about post childbirth etc. cos I have not done that yet myself, but the best advice I can give is to check with your doctor first! Good luck for your weightloss journey :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby grugwashere » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:29 pm

i also have no realy idea about what it feels like to have babies... but i think you should only do what you feel comfortable with...
perhaps just start out with the walking at the moment and when your belly is feeling better you could try the situps again?
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:38 pm

hi chubba :)

at your 6 week post op appointment they should have discussed all those exercises with you.

even though i had a vaginal birth all i can say for c sections and healing is to leave sit ups as the last option! do pelvic floor exercises, lots of walking, swimming - with a kickboard is great, anything that will get the heart rate up- like walking with bubs in the pram.

mandie (our resident student doctor) might be able to help with this question too
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:11 am

definately consult a gp :) Kate is right though, they should have discussed it all with you at the 6 week checkup :) My bub was born vaginally too. so I dont have any experience with ceasars, but Id efinately stick to gentle exercises (walking, swimming etc) :) xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby chubba momma » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:22 am

the doc i had for my post natal check was hopless!! I think i am going to make an appointment with my Gp to talk things over thanks for the advice :D
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby Chelle » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:05 pm

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/BHCV2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Post_natal_exercise_issues_to_consider?open

This link has some info of what you can do including exercising after having a ceaser. I'm not sure if this help's like the girls I never had a c-sction either only viginaly delivery with both my boy's.
Chelle

Postby Ally » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:11 am

I had c-section with all of mine and each time I was told to do nothing for the first 6 weeks.....I was allowed to do gently sweeping, but no mopping or vacuuming, no hanging out washing etc...then after 6 weeks it is recommended that you get back into things slowly......there has to be a reasoning behind this as I was told I could not even drive a car. I thought I would be ok after 6 weeks, so I tried it and ended up on the side of the road in tears as it hurt so much to try and turn a corner.....it pays to remember that a caesarian is major abdominal surgery, it is not a walk in the park....please find a decent doctor who knows what they are talking about in regards to exercising after a caesarian so as to not cause undue harm to yourself....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby ICANDOIT » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:29 pm

Ally is right. I had 3 caesarians, and I remember first 6 weeks no lifting, exerton, etc, I lived like a queen!!! So enjoy it:)

Definitely go find a Doctor that can give you some correct information and advice.
ENjoy your bub, and just put bub in pram and walk - cant get better and cheaper than that!!

Its an important time to look after yourself, so take care.:)
Tomorrow is another day JMW
ICANDOIT

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:29 pm

i had my 3rd bub coming up 6wks again(all c-section). Since then ive been exercising at home doing everything pretty much the same as befor i had bubs including sit ups. My doctor said get back to what u want when u want as long as it doesnt hurt. So if it was gonna take 2-3months or just 3weeks it didnt matter but dont over do it,only u know how much u can handle. No matter how long it takes dont feel bad and try and force it to get back to your pre-preggie size. Good luck. deb
soon2bayummymummy

Postby chubba momma » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:36 pm

Thanks heaps gilrs!

i am now 9 weeks since my op.. to be truthful i was back to my normal every day life just 2 weeks post op due to the fact my partner had to go back to work and i had a 2 year old as well to look after. My scar got a little infected but from 6 weeks i am feeling great and hardly have discomfort in it, except i did try a sit up today and my tummy just isnt ready yet, hurt quiet a bit..
:(

But thast sai im loking at investing in an exercise bike, would love a tredy but at the moment they are sooo more then we can afford.. but it gives me something to work towads!! :D

I love taking the kids for a walk in the pram and casue its a double i also get a work out with sterring on hills and slopes :) :D

Pity that it decided to rain today and the lck smith didnt show so i didnt get to walk today grr
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby Chelle » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:20 am

You could alway's look into hiring a bike to see if you like having one around one in the house.
Chelle

Return to Exercise Talk