It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Body Jam - Group exercise class

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Body Jam - Group exercise class

Postby milkyway » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:58 pm

Has anyone done this? What's it like?

I am not a dancer and never have been... I'm also a little unco. I eventually get by in a Step Class (after quite a few mistakes) and I'm OK at Body Combat and Body Attack, but I think the dance-based Body Jam class would be total embarrassment for me!!!

There's a class at 7:30pm at my gym tonight... am tempted to go... but not sure if it will result in total humiliation :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:57 pm

did you go san? you have to try these things for yourself to see if its for you. and if you make a fool of yourself its even more fun!! laughter is great exercise :D
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:43 pm

I went to that class twice at the start of last year - I have to say I was totally unco at it but I'd like to give it another go because my coordination has improved soo much. I used to be almost as unco as I am at Jam in Attack and Combat, and now I'm absolutely fine with Attack and Combat 95% of the time. It was a LOT of fun though, and a wicked workout!
Give it a go :D :D And don't go towards the back of the class, you need to be able to see, in the middle towards the front if you can, so you can have someone who knows what they're doing right in front of you!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby milkyway » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:14 pm

I chickened out and just went for a run and ride :P

It would be more fun if I had someone to go with who was equally unco! Might have to talk my sister into it...
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Chelle » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:42 am

What a pitty Sandra. I never been to one before, but would love give it a try but, last year I worked night's & now hubby dosen't get home till late & there is no childminding thur arvo so I have no one to mind the kids :(
Chelle

Postby KimE » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:06 am

Hi San

I used to do Body Jam regularly and loved it. I love dancing anyway but they don't usually have it so hard that you can't pick it up with a little practice. Our instructor used to say to all new participants to give it at least 3 goes before giving up as it is quite different to other classes that have less to 'learn'.

I really enjoyed it and it made me want to keep dancing after the class was finished. It's also good if you have an instructor that doesn't let you rest much between songs so it keeps your heart rate up there. We used to have spikes throughout the class so that a some of the songs really got your heart pumping.

Great fun, but be patient! Hope you give it a go. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby oostevens » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:46 pm

YAY i am going to start doing body jam :)

Me and a friend from work (who found out she is 8wks preg) are going to chat to a lady at the gym near us tomorrow nite, and she is giving us a free pass for body jam on monday so we see if we like it.

Then its kist 15 bucks each time we go :)

I cant wait, i love dancing, but i dont know any moves hehe and i love music and YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

will let ya know how it goes
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:40 pm

Have fun :) :) Just a thought though, if it's $15 for a casual visit to the gym for Body Jam, it's probably either the same or only a tiny bit more for a full club membership! Just something to consider :)
zeedeveelgirl

Postby oostevens » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:52 pm

It costs more for a full membership :p and besides I have a bike, treadmill and crosstrainer at home. And i work 8-5 so i am am busy from 6am-6pm mon-fri.

I just wanted something fun and active to do. I use to play lots of sports but i cant find anyone to do those with me, so hopefully body jam works :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Return to Exercise Talk