It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:25 am

Free Newsletter

House maintenace

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

House maintenace

Postby Fireball » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:52 pm

Might sound crazy but I'm always short on time so I am trying to kill 2 birds with one stone. I am identifying jobs to do around our place to get fit & improve my place. Spent a lot of the weekend in the garden. Inside the house is neater too. It seems to be working I have lost weight for the last 3 weeks in a row even though I have been less than perfect on my eating side.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Postby oostevens » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:07 pm

hmm i got lots to do! dishes in the kitchen, sweep and mop and vaccuum and clean bathrooms and fold about a million clothes and wash more clothes and weeding and the garage :s i hate cleaning :p sometimes, but then other times, i go mental and clean it all ha ha

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

Postby chubba momma » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:10 pm

i always find cleaning the house to be a good work out! Last weeekdn i even made it to teh garden and boy did i feel it afterwards but felt great from it too!
chubba momma

Postby shelbel » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:06 am

Oh yeah its a good work out! Spare a thought for me because at work i spend over an vaccuming and about 30 mins cleaning windows EVERYDAY!!!! Then i get to come home and do it too!! :?

Dont forget to tighten your core muscles ladies! :wink: Every little bit counts.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:35 am

im a clean freak! no wonder im super slim and have a body to die for! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Postby RayK » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:47 am

Here's a great list of activities with their MET Values. It's agreat way of comparing different activities against each other, and also includes housework: ... endium.pdf
A MET (short for Metabolic Equivalent) is a measure of work, or energy used. You can use it to calculate how many calories you burn.
I don't have the formula handy at the moment but I do have a calculator on my website (which is in my profile)

Return to Exercise Talk