It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:31 pm

Free Newsletter

How often?

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

How often?

Postby MissE » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:55 am

So I just joined the gym and discovered that I can jog! I went yesterday and the day before and I'd like to go today but I dont know if I'm overdoing it? Before I was hiking up to a couple hours 3-4 times a week, pretty full on stuff, climbing near vertical slopes and stuff, so I'm not unfit.
I'm not sore or fatigued from the last 2 days, so is it ok to keep going daily? I'd like to take advantage of my motivation while I still have it LOL
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby loveat116 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:57 am

There is nothing wrong with exercising daily. But its good to have a rest day maybe 1-3 times a week.

If you feel fatigued make sure you eat something before you go, it will give you that energy you need.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby madeline » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:52 pm

I tried to do too much I think, I was going 5 days a week, and trying to walk on the days I didn't go... now I'm thinking 3-4 is more reasonable (including the days I walk). I just because exhausted... and ultimately sick (it's taken many days to shake off what would normally be a 24 hour thing).
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Re: How often?

Postby help6363 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:50 pm

MissE wrote:So I just joined the gym and discovered that I can jog! I went yesterday and the day before and I'd like to go today but I dont know if I'm overdoing it? Before I was hiking up to a couple hours 3-4 times a week, pretty full on stuff, climbing near vertical slopes and stuff, so I'm not unfit.
I'm not sore or fatigued from the last 2 days, so is it ok to keep going daily? I'd like to take advantage of my motivation while I still have it LOL

Hey well done on your jogging...... that's great! :D

I go to the gym 4 -5 times a week.

I don't know too much about going when you feel sore or fatigued..... sorry! I just wanted to say that it's great you can jog!

Have fun at the gym! :D

Oh.... have you tried a RPM or Spinning class? It's my favourite class.
help6363

Return to Exercise Talk