It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:27 am

Free Newsletter

Exercise bike questions

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Exercise bike questions

Postby chubba momma » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:38 pm

Im so excited casue tonight we have got our new exercise bike :D
Just got to put it togther now :lol: :lol:

AS i have never had one before any advice on how to "start" should i start with a leisurely "ride" and build my sefl up or what? i dont want to get stuck in a burn myself out or anything. But would it be ok to say start by doing a 30 minute "ride" (like while watching neighbours or something ( :lol: :lol: ) and build it up?

Im cluless so any advice or your own methods would be great. It has a screnn that displays time, speed, distance, calories if that helps

thanks heaps :D
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby Rustie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:45 pm

My advise is to do a 'casual' ride and warm up fro about 10 mins or so and the ride at a pace that suits you. I would start on 30 mins or so until you get your heartrate up and you feel a little burn in the legs.
Goodluck

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby tamlee » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Hey chubba momma, it definitely helps to do warm ups. I always find the first two minutes are the hardest.
I started out doing 5 minutes of warm up and 10 minute rides. It really works, just up the amount when your ready.
Putting on a movie that you really like or a movie the kids have been begging to show you is great as it keeps you from watching the time tick over LOL.

Don't push to hard to begin with just take it one day at a time. Sometimes I do 30 minutes and sometimes 100 minutes just depends on what I have been up too, walking around our little, town can be a great work out in itself especially pushing a pram too. Just let your body tell you when to go harder :)

Best wishes and congrats on your bike :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlFCALM/]
[/url]
tamlee

Postby Bread-Monster » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:46 pm

My parents have this really weird set up at home. they have 2 of those foam mat things, and on them, is a normal bike with the rear tire removed and the frame suspended on a jig. Bizarre. They use to ride to the city (26 km) every other sunday with their friends and play badminton every saturday (my parents use to be fitter than me). I reckon it's a good idea. It's versatile and cheap.

But yeah, have fun on your new bike! You can do 6 things at once while on a stationary bike that you can't do on a real bike outdoors.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Re: Exercise bike questions

Postby help6363 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:54 pm

chubba momma wrote:Im so excited casue tonight we have got our new exercise bike :D
Just got to put it togther now :lol: :lol:

AS i have never had one before any advice on how to "start" should i start with a leisurely "ride" and build my sefl up or what? i dont want to get stuck in a burn myself out or anything. But would it be ok to say start by doing a 30 minute "ride" (like while watching neighbours or something ( :lol: :lol: ) and build it up?

Im cluless so any advice or your own methods would be great. It has a screnn that displays time, speed, distance, calories if that helps

thanks heaps :D

I have a DVD called Sweating Buckets......it's a workout ....... you use your stationary bike throughout the DVD. It's kinda like Spinning classes...... it burns calories.

I don't really know any rountinues other than that DVD to use for stationary bikes....SORRY!

WELL DONE on getting your exercise bike...... stationary bikes are great, huh?
help6363

Return to Exercise Talk