It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:40 am

Free Newsletter

Girls are wusses

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:17 am

I know when I went to a gym a while back the first thing they said to me was "don't be afraid to use the weights" I said that I didn't want to be a female arnie and they said that that was what a lot of women were afraid of and hence don't use them.....but with the proper training in using the weights it just helps to build muscle and burn fat and it gives you a nice body tone.....

maybe that is why a lot of women don't use them as they are afraid of that aspect??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby loveat116 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:10 pm

Ally wrote:I know when I went to a gym a while back the first thing they said to me was "don't be afraid to use the weights" I said that I didn't want to be a female arnie and they said that that was what a lot of women were afraid of and hence don't use them.....but with the proper training in using the weights it just helps to build muscle and burn fat and it gives you a nice body tone.....

maybe that is why a lot of women don't use them as they are afraid of that aspect??

well your only going to turn into an Arnie if you take in more calories than you need (calorie surplus) and use very heavy weights with short reps.

so it is highly unlikely for women to gain muscle mass when they're dieting, its like biologically impossible. But lifting weights is great for strengthening muscles and tightening them, and keeps your metabolism up for hours after you finish.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:44 pm

yes that is true, but the point I was making is the feelings that I had on doing weights was what a lot of women had expressed to the gym instructors as well.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Previous

Return to Exercise Talk