It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Weights circuit

Anything and everything concerning exercise.

Moderator: Moderators

Weights circuit

Postby milkyway » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:02 am

You may (or may not) know how much I hate doing weights... but I also know how important they are for this weightloss journey.

Well anyway, my gym has a few machines set up in a circuit - about 12, I think. All the odd number machines are for upperbody or abs and the even number machines are for legs. I can get around this circuit twice in about thirty minutes if I don't rest much between machines.

My question is - do you think it's OK to go from one machine to the next so quickly or should i be resting more between each exercise? I'm thinking it's OK because the legs get a rest while the biceps are working out and vice versa.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Sas » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:32 am

I think it's fine cause as you said the muscle groups get a rest in between each machine. I use this method for my weights training... helps to keep your heart rate up and makes the session a little quicker if I'm running low on time.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby Mandie » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:02 pm

actually, my gym instructor recommended me to move quickly through the stations, because then your heart rate stays up and its like a bit of a cardio exercise as well.. sort of :) as long as you take breaks between each muscle group, it should be fine :)
Mandie

Postby milkyway » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:50 pm

Cool! I figured it must be a bit like Curves... I didn't think about the elevated heart rate thing. I ran to the gym this morning (2.2km) and then ran 1km on the tready, so I was pretty hot and sweaty by the time I did the circuit... I'm quite sure my heart rate was up :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Return to Exercise Talk