It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Question: Have you ever been slim?

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Question: Have you ever been slim?

Postby rivenriver » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:45 pm

I was just wondering about the other girls and boys here with more to loose - are you trying to get back to how you looked when you were x years old, or have you been overweight your whole life and are now trying to do something about it?

Personally, I've always been overweight. So I'm looking forward to finding out what smaller feels like!
rivenriver

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:47 pm

overweight pretty much my whole life. I'm now skinnier than I ever remember being. I've never been conscious of my clothes size being this small. (I'm sure they were when I was, like 10yo, but mum was buying them then and I paid no attention)
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Cass101 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:49 pm

I was 60kg when I met my partner, slowly got up to 68kg (which I looked better at anyway) then we started dating! crept up to 80kg. Got pregnant with our beautiful son and got to 105kg + (I stoped weighing myself!) got down to 74kg but started a steroid for my eczema that made me eat lots. I was 68kg about 4yrs ago now. I want to be that again but i dont think I'll look good at anyweight any more, bits sage I got huge streach marks from putting on too much weight... But thats life!
Start 99kg
Current 86.6kg
1st Goal 85
2nd " 75
3rd " 65
END 58 - 60kg!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6gNSIt/]
[/url]
Cass101

Postby Mandie » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:50 pm

I've NEVER been skinny... for as long as I can remember, I was the "fat kid" in primary school, and just got bigger from there!

It's going to be weird to be a "normal" size and be able to borrow clothes from my friends and stuff!
Mandie

Postby electrongirl » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:56 pm

I was skinny (50kg) up until I got pregant at 18. Ballooned to 79kg during the pregnancy. Lost it all plus more by the time he was 6 months old I was 45kg. I was too skinny.

I then gained a bit of weight to be a healthy 55kg. Stayed that way for about 2 years, then gained about 15kg. Stayed that way for about 18 months. Lost it all again, got down to about 57kg.

Stayed that way for a about 2 years. Then moved in with my ex and slowly gained weight. He did aswell. When I got to 65kg he started voicing his disgust and I joined WW for the first time.

After 6 years together, just before we broke up I weighed about 80kg. Then I lost about 15kg in 2005.

I have gained all of that back plus more since I got married.

So I have been thin, big, thin, big, thin, big...... sucks... BIG TIME
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby rivenriver » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:56 pm

Mandie wrote:I've NEVER been skinny... for as long as I can remember, I was the "fat kid" in primary school, and just got bigger from there!

It's going to be weird to be a "normal" size and be able to borrow clothes from my friends and stuff!

Agreed! Though I have to admit, I'm really looking forward to the borrowing clothes bit! My friends have really good clothes!

Actually, I think the strangest bit would be going into an ordinary clothes shop, trying on the biggest size, and having someone suggest the next size down. Now THAT would be weird!!!!!
rivenriver

Postby Rissa » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:17 pm

I've never been skinny or what you would call 'normal' size. I went from being a chubby baby, to a fat kid, to an overweight adult. So here I am now - and it's up to me to put in the effort to get to that never-before-thinness I want to be.
We can all definitely do it!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3irdSl/]
[/url]
First weigh-in: Sunday 11 Novemember, 2007.
Mission: to lose 5 kilos by this date.
Rissa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:05 pm

i have always been bigger than other girls. primary school was fine but once i hit puberty i was big! i remember when i was in primary school and i did dancing i remember that the other girls always looked better in leotards but i was no way fat. in high school i wasnt the biggest girl but i was big and wore a size 18 to my year 12 formal
kate_turner2000

Postby Lolly » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:19 pm

I was skinny once *sigh*

I was never what you would call a "skinny kid" BUT I was not overweight as a child and only slightly chubby as a teen. My weight was not a big issue at that stage in my life.

When I first fell pregnant with Bec I was 45kg (which btw is a bmi of 23 which is fine. The doctor told me I was underweight and to go home and start eating. SHE FORGOT TO TELL ME TO STOP!!!!

Since then I have gone up and up and up and up some more. My heaviest was about 90kg and I am now sitting around 80kg - can't really give an accurate weight because the batteries in the scales are flat.

I don't really want to go right back down to the 45kg mark - I am 18 years older and don't think my changed body would cope - and then there would be all the saggy skin to contend with...........

I am aiming for 50kg - my doctor is fine with this.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby chubba momma » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:08 pm

my weight has been up and down for years. In primary school i was a sick, i was soo skinny, i had migraines all the time, couldnt keep food down etc. I went on something to help with the migraines and then gained weight from there. I was not really over weight at high school but not slim either, (never used to weigh myslef back then)even at my skinny as a child i have always had a "tyre" of fat around my tummy. After school i got a bit down, i was really shy and coulnt find a job, and was out of my comfort zone and ballooned to 90 kg.

I found a job ( a 6 month youth for teh envronment program) and found alot about myself, confidence wise etc, and lots alot of weight, dont know how much, i never weighed myself.

After it finished, i took a while to get another job and gained a bit back but i then got my dream job on a flower farm (which turned into a night mare) but i got really sick with CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome )and dropped right down to 53 kg. whilst that was in my healthy weight range, i felt really unhealthy and skinny, too skinny to be honest! It just wasnt a nice time in any respect

after i left there and i started to get my health back again, i met my wondrful partner and we fell pregnant after a year and a half of trying. I was 60 kg when i was first pregnant, went back down to 53 kg with sickness, and then was around 73 at full term. To begin with i lost a bit of weight but as soon as i stopped breastfeeding at 4 months, i balloned to 85kg in a matter of weeks!!

Since then i have struggled with my weight, i walk almost every day and a few kms at that but never made changes to my eating habits and could never get below 80 kg, then i fel pregnant with PAtrick and went down to 73 kg due to morning sickness and at teh end was 85kg teh day i went inot hospital to have him. It ended after 11 hours of pure hell in an emergency ceaser, and in teh 7 dasy in hospital i lost 10 kg, down to 75 kg.

Once home i crept back to 76 kg and then found this sight and decided this was the chance i have to make a change and here i am, teh lightest i have been in a long time and not only walkign but also eating beter and trying to not only change my eating and weight but also the person i feel insde as well

sorry that was a bit long but thats my story :D
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:19 pm

Yep another sigh.
I was around 60-65kgs as a kid up until i was 13 then went to 58kgs until i was 18 when i met hubby and went up to 92kgs each time with my 3 pregnacies, now at 85kgs i hope to get to 60kgs and go from there.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby Jisgone » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:14 am

i havent been skinny since i was about 5!
i just got bigger and bigger and bigger
now im aiming for smaller and smaller and smaller :P
Jisgone

Postby matchbox » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:28 am

i've never really been skinny. i never used to weigh myself either. i was kind of average at the start of high school, but by the end... :roll: lol. but i've never been skinny.
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby milkyway » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:50 am

Yup. I was always a skinny minny until I hit my mid-late twenties. My metabolism must have changed or something. I used to be around 52kg until then. A few years ago I got down to about that weight (2001) and looked terrible! I looked like I had a big fat lollipop head on a little skinny body. Looking forward to feeling slim again but I want to be athletic slim & trim, not skinny :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:15 am

I grew up being the fattest kid in the school throughout primary school and was absolutely tortured for it! :shock: In early high school (year 8 I think)I joined weight watchers I lost about 22 kgs (my mum was on it at the time) it took me about 1 1/2 years to lose it and was down to my goal, a healthy 77 kgs....I felt great...but only maintained the loss for about 6 months, started working full time, ,stopped the exercise, started having hot chips and stuff on my lunch break...then fell pregnant with connor...I always remember weighing in at my first gyno appt at 82 kgs and thinking my god Im huge :shock: How I would LOVE to be 82 kgs now! :( During my pregnancy I went from 82 kgs to 129 kgs the day I had him :shock: :roll: I lost 7 kgs straight away, and then have lost and regained weight over the last 4 years and Im currently at about 121 kgs :cry: god I would LOVE to be in the 80s again...I felt pretty and confident and it was easy to exercise and get around.....*sigh* lol
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous