It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:48 am

Free Newsletter

Flutterby's Journey

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Flutterby's Journey

Postby flutterby » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:57 am

Hi all!

My name is Donna, and I am a married, 26 year old stay at home mum to two beautiful babies, Yasmine 2 1/2 and Liam 9 months.

This is, I am horrified to say, the 6th time I have joined Weight Watchers :oops: . And I am determined to make it the last. I first joined just after I finished high school, weighing 73kg (can you believe? I would looove to be 73kg again! :lol: ). At my lightest since then I have been 67kg. I am where I am today, because of bad habits, particularly the one where you say ‘diet starts Monday’ and until Monday I can gorge myself. And, of course, the diet doesn’t start on Monday, so you say ‘diet starts next Monday’ and of course you gorge until then, etc etc. That is me. I come from a family of big eaters, so of course, lots of second servings etc. also contributed :x .

I have, fortunately, had enough sense to instill healthy eating habits in my daughter from the start. She is now, however, at an age where she can see what I am eating and my bad habits, and that is my number one motivator right now. I refuse to give my children a lifelong battle with their weight.

And most of all, I am just tired. Tired of not liking what I see in the mirror. Tired of wearing loose sacks around the house. Tired of feeling every roll of fat, every time I move. Tired of dreading every christening, party and wedding invitation because I don’t have anything to wear. Tired of being envious of my thin sister and sister in law. Tired of being self conscious every time I set foot outside the house. This is not the person I am meant to be anymore. And I have no doubt I am going to make it this time. I am making all the right moves.

I hope to meet lots of great people and make some friends here on my journey :)

Good luck to you all as well.
SW: 106.8kg CW: 100.3kg Total Lost: 6.5kg

Goal 1: Under 100kg
flutterby

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:27 am

hey donna i can relate to that! not the weight watchers part but of course the instilling healthy habits in your children. it can be a battle but its really important. i also can relate to being tired of it ALL. you will get through this and succeed. if you have had your lightbulb moment where instead of saying 'ill start monday' you say 'thats it! im starting right now!' then you will be well on your way to reaching your goal weight :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:09 am

You CAN do this! It's a great goal to be a healthy inspiration for your kids. Well done!
Mandie

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:16 am

Welcome Donna u can do it mate . We will support u all the way
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

slim and energetic

Postby mimosa8 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:33 am

yes yes you CAN do it.. set yourself achievable goals, inch by inch.. write down everything you eat.. dont cheat.. if you fall off the wagon in any way the most important thing is to "get back on".. no more start tomorrow.. well thats what has worked for me.. joined ww 8 times and now lost 1.7 kg in weeks even though i cheated sometimes .. but i didnt gorge like i usually do when i have black and white thinking when ive fallen off track..

they say you can change you body dramatically in 90 days. also can lose up to 10 kg in that time (or more). Also drink more water..

You are on your way.. they psychological part and support is one of the most important parts...
mimosa8

Postby chubba momma » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:41 am

YOU CAN DO IT!!

Its hard but it is very rewarding when you strt to see the kg fall off and feel good about yourself again!

Good Luck :D
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby tanya » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:58 am

oh wow we have been on the same diet. Not the ww but the diet starts Monday one lol. I know what you mean about hating going to weddings and things to coz you don't have anything to wear. Good luck with your weight loss. Theres heaps of fantastic supportive people here you will love it :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby corolla_chick » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:51 pm

welcome to the forum, and good luck with your weight loss. :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby Mummyof3 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:58 pm

I am where I am today, because of bad habits, particularly the one where you say ‘diet starts Monday’ and until Monday I can gorge myself. And, of course, the diet doesn’t start on Monday, so you say ‘diet starts next Monday’ and of course you gorge until then, etc etc. That is me. I come from a family of big eaters, so of course, lots of second servings etc. also contributed .

Hi there donna, the above is really familiar, that was me like all over.... Isn't it really nice to come here and have that support, of understanding,

Best of luck with your journey
Catherine
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby Chelle » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:45 pm

Hey Donna welcome to the forum & a big congratulation on the weightloss so far. You can do it, never put thing's off because that's where they will say. Start now & never look back only forwards. Goodluck with your weightloss journey :D
Chelle

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:52 am

Hi Donna, welcome to the forum and congrats for taking this step!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby flutterby » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:36 pm

Thanks for the lovely welcome :D

Well, I went to the gym yesterday, and had my weights program done by a PT. I can't believe how much strength I have lost since I stopped going to the gym when I was pregnant. I have so far to go :shock:

Never mind, I am doing all the right things, and changing my habits for life, so the rewards will come :D

Weigh in tomorrow morning and am hoping for a 1-1.5kg loss this week. I'll keep you posted :wink:

flutterby

Postby flutterby » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:32 am

Weigh in today.

Lost 1.2kg, down from 89.4kg to 88.2kg, total loss of 7.0kg :D

flutterby

Postby Mandie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:41 am

yay!! you're doing ggreat!!
Mandie