It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

Free Newsletter

Opal's Weightloss Progress

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Opal's Weightloss Progress

Postby opal630 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:07 pm

Hi

So I've only just joined so I don't have any progress yet (despite my obsession with checking my weight night and day :roll: ). I thought I would start my progress log in anticipation for the weightloss which is going to occur. :D

So let's start with the ugly truth, my weight as of November 4th was 102.8kg :( . So my weight has increased at an average of 6.1 kilos per year since I last got down to my goal weight of 54 kilos in 1999, unfortunately I fell off the wagon partying in California like it was 1999 :oops: .

It's only been a few days, so far I did a 6km walk in the pouring rain Sunday afternoon around a lake, Monday only a little exercise, but today I did 2kms to and 2kms from the movies as well as a 7km walk in the afternoon, so all up 14kms. :D I enjoy exercising so I think my main struggle will be with diet. We shall see how we go.

As soon as I figure out how to load pictures I will put up a shame photo to begin with... god forbid I ever get famous and it ends up on some magazine cover...

Cheers
Opal (and yep, Opal is my real name)
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby Bel Diamante » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:55 am

Hi Opal **waves hello**

I'm Nicky and I've posted tonight too in this section.
Best of luck for your journey.
I have posted some shame pics of myself lol as personally for me It is a great motivational tool.

Anyhu,

Hugz,

Nicky.
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Start Bust: 133cm Now: 130cm
Start Waist: 127cm Now: 125cm
Start Hips: 148cm Now: 144cm
Bel Diamante

Postby flutterby » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:26 am

Hi Opal

I'm Donna, and I'm pretty new at this forum as well. Good luck with your weight loss journey and I look forward to 'chatting' with you :D

PS - congrats on all your walking - you've done some k's :wink:
SW: 106.8kg CW: 100.3kg Total Lost: 6.5kg

Goal 1: Under 100kg
flutterby

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:37 am

opal :) what a fascinating name.

welcome to the c&c section :) i am sure you are going to do well here on the forum as you have already shown initiative with walking in the rain! well done. and best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:07 am

Hi Opal! It's those small things that you are doing that will add up over time and snowball into the big things!! Well done, keep it up
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Mandie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:51 am

hiya opal, welcome aboard!

best of luck with losing the weight.

sometimes if you are more focussed on the exercise side, you will lose fat/gain muscle and the scales won't move. changing your diet is what will help you lose more weight :) so it's good to get a good balance!

but all the exrecise will be speeding up your metabolism.. you're developing some good habits for the future (exercise is the single best thing for maintenance!) and i think you're gonna do great :D
Mandie

Postby corolla_chick » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:02 pm

welcome to the forum :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:31 pm

Hi Opal and welcome to the forums . all the little things add up
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby opal630 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:13 pm

Hey Everyone

Thanks for all your words of support. I've been absorbed in reading all of the posts in this forum for the last few nights and it is pretty inspiring, especially reading through everyone's progress. Tegan's is a rather motivating read. I can't wait till I can wear shorts.

So I'm going to attempt to post some photos... First I'll start off with my before before shots. I'm not sure how to post things so I may mess this up a little.

I would love to look like this again (well except for the bad hair and makeup). Would you believe I still thought I was a little fat back then.

So I look at this one now and think wow my legs were skinny, why was I so paranoid that my legs were fat that I wouldn't wear a skirt without stockings

This was my first pair of size 10 jeans since I was 14. They ended up being too loose and I had to go get a size 8 pair.

This one I just like because I was sight seeing in San Francisco, 21 and not a care in the world. Being skinnier does my ears look bigger though...
opal630

And now for the ugly truth

Postby opal630 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:15 pm

I can too handle the truth. Okay so this is the worst photo I have of me and this was taken a couple weeks ago of me with my niece at bowling. How come you never realise until you see the photos?

opal630

Postby opal630 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:31 pm

oh yeah, 4 days in and I already have to confess....

This afternoon feeling hungry and no healthy food supplies at work, I went next door to Darrell Lea and bought a bag of jelly beans :oops: . I should have gone to the nut shop much closer and got some raw nuts and dried fruit in retrospect....

But anyway I ate one of the jelly beans, realised they tasted totally different and not as nice. Checked the packet and they must've recently started using gelatine :shock: . They never had gelatine in them before. Being vegan I won't eat gelatine so I gave the rest away. Good thing that, otherwise I would've been playing a guilt trip on myself all the way home... :roll:
opal630

Postby Mandie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:50 pm

Hi Opal, that wouldn't be a flattering photo on anyone! But it's good motivation :)

Your niece is so cute!

Good on you for not eating the jellybeans. How long have you been vegan for?
Mandie

Postby opal630 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:14 pm

Mandie wrote:Good on you for not eating the jellybeans. How long have you been vegan for?

I've been vegetarian about 11 years, vegan for just over a year. It's been a lot easier than I thought. I don't know if it's just me getting close to 30 but in the last 12 months I've all of a sudden figured out how to cook. It's the eating at food courts that is the problem, even tofu seems to be covered in some mysterious thick goo.
opal630

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:44 am

Oh, wow, how flattering, I got a mention as being motivating! :shock: :oops:

The photos definitely are the worst. That one of me in my before and after thread - the one in the pink top. Man, I nearly died when I saw that and the worst thing was it was my end of honours class pic, so it is indelibly placed into all my honurs colleagues memories and photo albums!

And yeah, vegan/vegetarian cooking is great once you get the hang of making sure all the nitrition is there. We do eat meat (cause the bloke loves it) but I grew up in a predominantly vegetarian home, so I prefer it.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Week 1 Results

Postby opal630 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:48 am

So this week I decided that I was going to get my life on track, not just my weight. I seem to do okay with losing weight for a month or maybe even 2 and then something comes up and my weightloss suffers so it's time to take more of a holistic approach. I'm no longer volunteering to take on extra work, I visited a financial advisor and I cancelled all of my credit cards... it's freeing but also frightening at the same time.

And the results of my first week:

Last week: 102.8
This week: 101.7
That's a loss of 1.1 kg :D

I'm very happy with that, I decided to be happy with anything over 500g. I usually get way too obsessed with losing at least a kilo a week and get disappointed if I don't but this time I think as long as it goes down I don't care if it takes 3 years. I just wish my mean scales would stop telling me I'm obese! :(
opal630

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous