It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:05 am

Free Newsletter

Opal's Weightloss Progress

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Opal's Weightloss Progress

Postby opal630 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:47 pm

GoddessInside wrote:Hun, you are looking fantastic !!! You can definitely tell around your face and neck. You're looking happier too :D

Congrats on the walk ! What an excellent workout ! You're on fiiiirrreeeeyyyaaaaaaa :mrgreen:

That was actually my dumbfounded look, like hey here have this award okay come over here and pose for a heap of photos. I was shaking.

I think the walk up the hill in the full sun gave me a bit of sunstroke, I got the worst migraine and felt ill all last night. My head was still thumping a little this morning and I thought what a good excuse to not go to work. Well I did do work most of the weekend anyway and with all the overtime I'm owed some time off. I felt better in the afternoon so went for a walk for an hour and a half, what a beautiful day! There were people out everywhere and it was such a nice atmosphere to be out in.
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby opal630 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:21 pm

So felt motivated to do more exercise on top of my 90 minute walk today, so just did:

30 squats
40 calf raisers (up from 30)
30 bicep curls
30 other things involving lifting my weights to the side (dont know what they're called)
30 girly pushups (up from 20)
30 dips (up from 20)
100 crunches (up from 50) plus 25 on either side (up from 15)
opal630

Postby Czarina » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:52 pm

Isnt' funny, the more you exercise, the more you want to exercise? You think, I can do a bit more and a little bit more...
Czarina

Postby Tarz » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:57 pm

Great work Opal. Thats great that you want to do more exercise. Well done.
Tarz

Postby holly80 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:54 pm

wow well done on your excerise. thats a great woek out.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby opal630 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:23 pm

So my weightloss has sort of stagnated since I last weighed in, it was TTOM last week so that may have had something to do with it. I actually kicked up my exercise last week and this week but lost less than I did the previous weeks. I've only lost 300 grams since I weighed in two weeks ago so down to 94.7 kilos.

Oh well, my clothes are still getting looser so while the scales aren't being so nice I still seem to be shrinking a little. I spent an hour yesterday trying on clothes I haven't been able to wear for over two years. I was very excited to find that I can now fit back into some of them.

So I know what is needed to lose weight and get back into shape and I'm confident that I will, but the thing I don't know how to do is to get my mind right. How do you build up your self esteem and get over things like self loathing? Since I was a child I've had people take out all their problems on me and make me feel like I was nothing and at times I still feel like that. I am worried that I'll lose the weight but then I haven't really addressed the reasons why I put on weight.
opal630

Postby holly80 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:05 pm

Just think, its not a gain so you have done well.... Dont take this the wrong way, but have you thought about talking to someone to find out the answers you are searching for ?? It could do you the world of good.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby Tarz » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:18 pm

Hi Opal,

opal630 wrote:I am worried that I'll lose the weight but then I haven't really addressed the reasons why I put on weight.

I think as the weightloss journey goes on, these problems do get addressed, you sowly learn more about yourself. Weightloss isn't just a physical journey, it also can be a emotional one.
opal630 wrote:Oh well, my clothes are still getting looser so while the scales aren't being so nice I still seem to be shrinking a little. I spent an hour yesterday trying on clothes I haven't been able to wear for over two years. I was very excited to find that I can now fit back into some of them.

Your losing weight and gaing muscle! remeber muscle weighs more then fat. You really want this muscle as well because it helps burn fat faster. Your doing great, keep at it!
Tarz

Postby opal630 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:18 pm

I guess I'm a little up and down, I have days when I think I really need to see someone, but then I get over it and I'm fine. Plus I've been working so much lately and when I'm not working I'm stressing about work so everything seems worse than it is right now. I've only managed to keep up my new year's resolution to lose weight, the other one about working less hours went out the window by February. I just need to have some fun.
opal630

Postby Czarina » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:58 am

It sounds like you need a bit of "me" time, to relax and figure out all of the stuff going on in your noggin. You have to make you a priority. You're off to a great start by taking care of the physical side of things and focusing on losing weight, but we need to take care of the mind and the soul as well. Along with the physical changes, come the mental changes, we need to prepare ourselves mentally for life after weight loss.
Czarina

Postby opal630 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:32 am

Yes, you're totally right, I need some 'me time'. That would be sooo good. I'm going to try to leave work early Wednesday so I can get a haircut. I am in desperate need of a cut.

So I have this silly little daydream where someone says oh that's a nice top is it new, and I get to say oh no it's old actually. Happened today :D it's exciting to be fitting back into old stuff. I even found a pair of pants in my wardrobe tonight that I bought over a year ago that were a size too small, I liked them so much I bought a pair for then and a pair for when I lost weight. Well it took over a year but I finally fit into them :D
opal630

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:29 am

That's brilliant, Opal! It's great when old clothes start fitting again. And so much cheaper than having to go out and buy a new wardrobe!

Your current photo looks great. You'll have to update it once you get your haircut! Are you just getting a trim or are you going for a whole new look?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Czarina » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:36 am

opal630 wrote:Yes, you're totally right, I need some 'me time'. That would be sooo good. I'm going to try to leave work early Wednesday so I can get a haircut. I am in desperate need of a cut.

So I have this silly little daydream where someone says oh that's a nice top is it new, and I get to say oh no it's old actually. Happened today :D it's exciting to be fitting back into old stuff. I even found a pair of pants in my wardrobe tonight that I bought over a year ago that were a size too small, I liked them so much I bought a pair for then and a pair for when I lost weight. Well it took over a year but I finally fit into them :D

A haircut is a great idea, get yourself a hair treatment and a scalp massage while you're at it, make it that little bit more pampering!

I can't wait to fit back into my old clothes! Yay for Opal!
Czarina

Postby shelbel » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:28 am

Woohoo on fitting into old clothes :D Its always exciting to discover some long lost piece of clothing in the back of the cupboard, you look at at and think 'it wont fit.....hang on, maybe it will' you try it on and BAMO perfect fit, now thats gotta make you feel good!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby ~Rose~ » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:30 am

Opal I can't wait to get into some of my old clothes either - although some of them couldn't be considered old, they were worn so little still virtually brand new :?
So Congrats Opal, keep up the good work :D
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous