It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:36 pm

Free Newsletter

Opal's Weightloss Progress

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Opal's Weightloss Progress

Postby opal630 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:18 pm

So I'm gonna see how long it takes me to rack up 100 kms. I've found a site I can map my walks in and it gives the exact distance. I used my pedometer last night and it said I walked 4.4kms, I mapped it online and it was 6.5kms. In short, my pedometer is useless. I once planned to walk 20kms as I was preparing for a 13 km charity walk and it said you should be able to do at least 5kms in under an hour. After only doing 4 kms in the first hour I pushed myself to go faster but it still only said 8kms by the end of the second hour. I was so upset at how I'd pushed myself but couldn't even do 5kms an hour. Anyway, mapped it out when I got back home and I'd walked 12 kms out and back, so a total of 24 hours. So I'd actually walked about 6kms per hour.

So tally so far:

Friday 6.5kms
Saturday 6.2kms

Total: 12.7kms (87.3kms to go) That's St Kilda to Oakleigh East.
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby LillyPilly » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:34 pm

opal630 wrote:

LillyPilly wrote:I've just read through your entire entry.
Are you still weighing in more than once a day?

Oh no, did it sound kind of schizophrenic? I sometimes skim over what I've written since November and think, gosh I said that :oops: I've been a little all over the place...

Yeah, I still weigh in several times during the day. I've given up trying to give up.

No, you don't sound schizophrenic with your weighing. I was just fascinated. The reason I asked, is the scales for me are my motivation. If I saw daily fluctuations I would place to much emphasis to see daily losses.

Your new hair style suits you.
LillyPilly

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi Opal,

Love the new do - you look fantastic!

Good on you with your walking - you seem so committed! I'm sort of with Lilly Pilly (except I can't really claim to have my eating under control yet either :lol: ), in that I really struggle to exercise. I even have a treadmill (since I live in cold, cold Canberra and have been known to use that as an excuse not to exercise), but am really only starting to use it regularly again. How do you motivate yourself to get out there?
Sharon
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wG1T5nI/]
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Postby opal630 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:34 pm

Fat Bottomed Girl wrote:How do you motivate yourself to get out there?

I'm actually lazy when it comes to exercise, I can't even be bothered with anything that involves changing my clothes which is why walking works for me, I just have to throw on some shoes and I'm out the door. I try to walk everywhere I can rather than drive or catch a tram or train. Now that I'm seeing some results it motivates me to get out and exercise. I think you've just got to push yourself to start with but after a while it doesn't seem so hard and you get into a habit of exercising. Music definitely helps too and I find walking helps mentally too.
opal630

Weighing in

Postby opal630 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:39 pm

Time to weigh in again, I didn't weigh in last week so this covers two weeks:

Previously: 94.7
Today 93.8

Loss of 900 grams, happy with that :D

And my walking tally:

I had to work today so I walked home in the afternoon

Sunday 6.8kms

Running total: 19.5 kms (80.5kms to go) I'm now passing through Springvale.
opal630

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:27 pm

Good on you Opal! Your running tally is terrific and you're certainly walking a hell of a lot. Congrats on the 900g loss. That's a perfect amount to lose in a week. Well done!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Czarina » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:23 am

Fantastic work! Lovin' the hair too! :D
Czarina

Postby lng86 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:22 am

Woo hoo - your running is brilliant!

Keep up the fantastic work. It's inspirational!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby LillyPilly » Thu May 01, 2008 5:36 pm

Congratulations on the loss Opal.

What do you use to track your distance walked?
LillyPilly

Postby opal630 » Fri May 02, 2008 12:36 am

LillyPilly wrote:What do you use to track your distance walked?

I know someone posted another site a while ago but I don't remember what it was. I've just been using http://mapmyfitness.ninemsn.com.au/default.aspx

Okay, so I have a confession to make. You know it gets tempting to try and take shortcuts with weightloss and I should've known better but I went and bought some diet pills last Friday. I know they keep me awake and I know they never do anything but still I got some. Needless to say I have barely been able to sleep, since Sunday I haven't had any energy to get out and exercise as I was so tired when I got home from work, my appetite was insatiable and I couldn't stop eating all day Monday and Tuesday, I was shaking by the time I got home because I needed to eat something and I have been severely depressed and feeling like my life is miserable and pointless.

Anyway, I haven't had any since Tuesday and today I am feeling so much better. My energy levels are back up and I am feeling so much more positive. Last night I went out for a walk after work and tonight I worked out at home. I am posting this to remind myself the next time I am tempted that diet pills do not agree with me, mentally and physically. I feel like a cloud has been lifted.

So yesterday I saw a friend at work and she remarked on how good I was looking, I guess I see myself in the mirror everyday so I haven't noticed the gradual loss except for my clothes fitting better and when I see people that I haven't seen for a while they tell me there's a big difference. Today I threw on a shirt I haven't worn in a few weeks and it wasn't until I saw myself in the mirror at work that I realised it's too big for me now. I had a really good day today and just felt happier overall, a girl walked over to me after a meeting this morning just to tell me I looked really pretty today, it was so sweet it made my day and then I got a call this afternoon to tell me that I'd won another award at work. I was in disbelief as I only just won the annual award and I'm a little embarassed to be getting another. I am getting a $250 coles myer voucher for the award and I am thinking I'd really like to spend it on gifts for a few people at work who always help me out and support me.

So if you've happened to get to this point of my post without falling asleep, any ideas on what to get people for around $60 would be welcomed (I have 4 people I want to get something for) - two men and two women. One of the girls has high blood pressure and high cholesterol and the other is on weight watchers so chocolates are definitely out of the question.
opal630

Postby holly80 » Fri May 02, 2008 6:52 pm

I am still awake :lol: congrats on winning the adward. what a great bonus getting that vochure. as far as presents go I am hopeless at buying gifts. maybe some nice photo frames or a mug for work or something. see i am bad lol. i have no idea. what about a fruit platter? lol

you have done a great job. i know sometimes you look in the mirror and hardly see a change but you have lost nearly 10 kilos, thats a fanatsic achievment... serioiusly you have done a great job and i love reading your posts. keep it up

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby opal630 » Sun May 04, 2008 10:23 pm

holly80 wrote:you have done a great job. i know sometimes you look in the mirror and hardly see a change but you have lost nearly 10 kilos, thats a fanatsic achievment... serioiusly you have done a great job and i love reading your posts. keep it up

Thanks Holly, I guess every now and then I get impatient.

The last week has been bad for exercise, I've been so tired when I've gotten home from work that I've only gone out a couple of times. I'm now up to a total of 27.15kms.

I saw a psychic yesterday, I think he may actually have been a real psychic. I asked him if I was going to lose the weight and he said I will but I have to stop using the word but, like
'I'm doing okay so far but...' or 'I should go for a walk but...'. Anyway, he's also a hynotherapist so I am thinking about getting some hypnotherapy to help me along mentally.
opal630

Postby holly80 » Sun May 04, 2008 10:40 pm

wow lets hope he was serious then hey.... thats great.

i got to say i never used to believe in them but my best friend went and saw one and after many many failed realationships the pyhic said that she would find a man in the next few months which is very unexpexted. I wont get into it but lets say she was right and that it was under very weird circumstances they meet.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby opal630 » Sun May 04, 2008 10:59 pm

holly80 wrote:wow lets hope he was serious then hey.... thats great.

i got to say i never used to believe in them but my best friend went and saw one and after many many failed realationships the pyhic said that she would find a man in the next few months which is very unexpexted. I wont get into it but lets say she was right and that it was under very weird circumstances they meet.

I have seen two previously, one when I was 18 and she was extremely vague and useless and then one about a year ago... she did a 6 month reading and let's just say I did not have that tawdry relationship she spoke of, and she told me I could see spirits and that her guide said I looked at him several times. I'm glad she was wrong because she also told me I was going to have a boy and it would be the boy that my grandmother was meant to have but miscarried. I think there are more frauds than there are genuine psychics.

The guy I saw yesterday was spot on about me and it wasn't vague at all. I'm going to see him again more in a therapist perspective, I started crying while he was asking me questions and telling me stuff and he gave me a mini counselling session. I must've seemed a mess as he gave me his card at the end and told me to call him just to chat if needed.
opal630

Postby milkyway » Sun May 04, 2008 11:16 pm

Hi Opal - I'm still catching up on everyone's progress as I haven't ben around much lately and I'm so pleased to see how far you've come. Almost 10kg! Way to go. And your photo and new 'do' is stunning :) You'll reach your 100km in no time.

Did you decide what to get your colleagues? You're so thoughtful! I think women are so much easier to buy for than men. Think of something you'd like and buy that for the women - that's what I do for my mum for her birthday, mother's day etc.

Let us know how the psychic/hypnotherapist session goes. Sounds amazing, like he really tapped into something within you.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous