It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:46 pm

Free Newsletter

Opal's Weightloss Progress

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Opal's Weightloss Progress

Postby holly80 » Mon May 05, 2008 6:48 pm

thats pretty cool that he told you to ring back any time for a chat....

how was your day today? feeling any better?

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby ali76 » Mon May 05, 2008 7:00 pm

Looking HOT chickie!! :o

And good riddance to 10 kilos....you must be so proud!

Thats really lovely of you to want to get pressies for your colleagues. Have you thought of anything yet? When I buy presents I like to buy things that the person wouldn't normally get themselves....like a cool picture, a voucher for a massage or movie, etc. You might be a little more restricted with Coles / Myer though??

Keep going hun -you're doing so well! You'll reach your goal in no time....better start learning Italian!!

xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby opal630 » Mon May 05, 2008 11:21 pm

Thanks Ali and Sandra :D. Still haven't figured out what to get for gifts, the idea of a massage got me thinking something like a pedicure or a manicure might be a nice idea, I can always use the voucher for groceries and buy gifts with my cash. Sandra you're right, women are so much easier to buy for. What do you get a 40 something man that doesn't drink alcohol?

Holly, had a pretty good day, I kept trying to practise what he told me when I talk to myself don't use the word 'but'. So I'm trying to focus on the good things that happen during the day and stop worrying about what might go wrong or what might happen next. I've actually been feeling pretty positive since Saturday, oops just had a 'but' thought, 'but what if it doesn't last'... I can too think positive. Just need to focus.

Well the psychic also told me that I'll be definitely travelling within the next two years and it will be overseas. I'm not going anywhere unless I'm fit enough to enjoy myself so I best get motivated with my weightloss. I've decided to sign up for Italian classes, I'll have to wait till July or August for the next round but I'm going to do it this time. Just have to forget the little bit of Japanese that I remember as it keeps interfering when I try to practise with my Italian CD, what is the Italian word for ummm I keep slipping into eito. I asked my friend if she wanted to go on an Italian adventure with me and she said she wants to go to Paris as well so we've agreed she can learn French and I'll learn Italian and we can go to both places.

I walked 4.4 km tonight so am up to 31.5 km. I want to be up to 50km by Sunday.
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby ali76 » Mon May 05, 2008 11:26 pm

Opal, you will LOVE Italy!! I'll make damn sure you reach your goal if it means you get there!!

I work at a language school and I'm learning Italian.....and I LOVE IT!! Molto bene!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby opal630 » Mon May 05, 2008 11:33 pm

ali76 wrote:Opal, you will LOVE Italy!! I'll make damn sure you reach your goal if it means you get there!!

I work at a language school and I'm learning Italian.....and I LOVE IT!! Molto bene!!

Is it difficult? They have male words and female words right? Do you teach a language yourself?

Last week I bought yet another book written by someone who moved to Italy called 'A vineyard in tuscany'. Oh how I crave la dolce vita.
opal630

Postby opal630 » Thu May 08, 2008 12:19 am

5.6 kms walk today, so up to 37.1kms
opal630

Postby Tarz » Thu May 08, 2008 10:40 am

Hi Opal,

The hair does look great! And i love the idea of mapping the kms you do. 37km already thats a lot! What a sense of accomplishment you'll get when you reachh 10km. Well done!
Tarz

Postby candycane » Thu May 08, 2008 11:25 am

hey girlie,

im half italian :P well my dad is so yeah. I love italy its beautiful in so many ways. You'll find the language i think generally ok to pick up, its just that they talk sooooooo fast! the gender thing wont be hard to get used to, anything male ends with an O and anything female ends with an A.

I am not fluent in it, i can read the words out loud but i dont really know what they mean most of the time. I can work it out usually though. I think it takes practise like anything else, but the language makes much more sense then english (i was trying to teach my nephew the difference between saying thumb and fumb the other day - then when he finally got it he said "thingers?" instead of fingers hahaha)

WD tho for learning new languages :) you'll love it!!

and WD on your weightloss and awards at work :P i'd use that for petrol hehe

x
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby lng86 » Thu May 08, 2008 7:42 pm

Your hair looks fantastic!

I hope you have a great week!

And Italy sounds unbelievable!

Best wishes,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby opal630 » Fri May 09, 2008 10:30 pm

I'm booked in for my first hynotherapy session tomorrow afternoon, I'm excited I hope it works.
opal630

Postby opal630 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:01 pm

So between yesterday and today I have done 13 kms, so I'm up to 50.1kms.

My hypnotherapy session was okay. We spent the first half hour talking about what I eat and what exercise I do. It's hard having a stranger critique you and hear their comments. Well aparently I don't eat enough, so I have to eat in the afternoon and make sure I eat enough at night. I thought it was normal to wake up really hungry but he says that's not a good thing and could be a contributor to me not sleeping well. Anyway, so he did a little hypnosis at the end, my mind kept wandering and I don't remember most of what he said,there was stuff about a tall tree in a forest and some stairs.
opal630

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon May 12, 2008 10:46 am

I hope the hypnosis works for you Opal! I listen to hypnosis MP3s and I find they're great at reprogramming my attitude towards food and exercise. I can't afford to go to a real hypnotherapist so I'd be interested to hear how you go with it!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby holly80 » Mon May 12, 2008 7:28 pm

wow 13kms is huge. well done...

thats a great stop what you have done. your doing really well... i might look into it myself

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby opal630 » Mon May 12, 2008 11:54 pm

Another 6.5kms today, up to 56.6kms after just over 2 weeks.

Ali, I have some weightloss mp3s as well, I do find they make me more positive about my weightloss so I think they definitely work. I'm just worried that at any moment I'm going to fall off the wagon again, like okay it's going well so far but what if I do what I normally do and quit and put on even more weight. I really want to get my mind right this time, not just last the distance to lose the weight and then put it back on again. I decided I need some therapy as well and with the guy he customizes it to my issues, like I told him about my anxiety about talking in public so he is helping me with that too.

Talking of speaking in public, they are rolling our award program at work out to other areas of the business so they are having launch parties in Melbourne and Adelaide and I have to get up and talk about getting the annual award in front of 70 people in Melbourne and 100 people in Adelaide. (Not to mention the psychic again but he told me I would be going to Adelaide and I got the call two days later). Anyway, not being a huge fan of talking in front of people nor talking about why I was worthy of receiving an award, I am already getting anxious about it. Well the Adelaide party is on a Friday afternoon so I am booking a hotel to stay there for the weekend and a friend from work is going to take me site seeing.

I'm going down to Rosebud this weekend to stay at my friend's place with her and we're going to do some major walking. Should be fun. So I have a couple of good weekends to look forward to.

The guy told me after my session on Saturday that by Monday or Tuesday I should start feeling more energetic and I think I do. Tonight I went and did my 6.5km walk and I just did it last night too, normally I feel too sore to do it two nights in a row. I take the hilly roads so it's a harder workout and I was bouncing back home. Got to look good for my speaking engagement next Friday night :D
opal630

Postby holly80 » Wed May 14, 2008 6:49 pm

you are walking so much. well done. cant wait to see your loss next week

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous