It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:21 am

Free Newsletter

Opal's Weightloss Progress

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Opal's Weightloss Progress

Postby candycane » Fri May 23, 2008 11:37 am

hey opal your doing so well :) wow about the talkin thing i get jittery thinkin bout public speaking! but your looking so lovelly and sounding much more confident so i think you'll do great.

xx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Status Update

Postby opal630 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:27 am

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted... thought I would drop by and give an update.

Firstly, I haven't completely fallen off the bandwagon but I haven't exactly gone forward on my weightloss. Right now I am hovering between 93 and 94 kilos. Life just got so hectic with unbearable work hours that I put exercise (and my sanity) on the backburner. I've been going for walks every now and then and I walk just about everywhere which is why I haven't gained but I think I need to up the intensity if I want to start losing weight again.

The hypnotherapy sessions - well they didn't magicly make me lose weight. I think I got more out of listening to the $10 hypnotherapy tape I have from years back, I've started listening to it again. You live you learn I guess. Just wish I could have my money back from the sessions.

I burnt out from work in April and over the last month I have attempted to start pushing back and redirecting work to other people where it doesn't fall under my position. It seems people only love you when you keep saying yes to everything... I am questioning whether I am cut out for office work, the politics, the nasty people, it's all just really getting to me. I guess working for a big company means you get all types of people so it's inevitable some will be nasty and backstab and crawl over others to get to the top, but I'm not that kind of person and I take it personally when other people do it to me or my friends. I feel ready for a change but I don't know what to change to... right now the idea of quitting and going fruit picking in the middle of nowhere sounds enticing...

I turned 30 yesterday. I promised myself this decade will be a vast improvement on the last. Time for me to take control of my life, no quicky vegas marriages, no controlling and abusive partners, no more putting my life on hold to increase the profits of some huge company. Time for me to start living for me!
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
opal630

Postby yoyogirl88 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:03 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Good to see ya here hun. Sounds liek you have your ideas flowing and thats great. =D
Sorry to hear about work politics, its the one thing I have not missed about working.

*hugs*
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:18 pm

Happy birthday Opal! My thirties have been SOOO much better than my twenties. I'm sure you'll find the same. You have so much to look forward to this decade!

I know what you mean about corporate office work. I used to work in a similar environment and the best decision of my life was quitting that career path and going back to uni. Sure there's back-stabbing, buck-passing, squabbling and malicious gossip in academia but if you enjoy what you're doing it's so much easier to deal with the crap that goes along with it! Best of luck. I hope you come to a decision that is right for you.

Sorry to hear the hypnotherapy didn't work for you. It's a bummer you had to pay all that money for something that wasn't beneficial. I guess the only positive thing is that at least you definitely know it doesn't work. There are many programs that I've seriously considered and often think "If only I could afford such-and-such program, or this book, or these mind-programming sessions. Then the weight would just fall off!". Usually the package isn't as good as the advertising and it doesn't work for me. But at least it stops me dwelling on it! Like the McDougall Program. I spent about a year thinking it would be the magic bullet of my weight issues but when I finally bought the book I ended up gaining weight on the damn plan! At least now I know it doesn't work for me so I won't waste any energy thinking 'what if' and instead focus my energy on methods that do work.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby opal630 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:37 am

Thanks girls :D My friends and family keep bringing up that it's the big 3-0 as if it's a bad thing. My twenties were one big learning curve and I am looking forward to my thirties.

As far as ideas, it's more frustrations than ideas or maybe ideas that require funding... I'm waiting for a little enlightenment at the moment.

So what am I going to do about progressing my weightloss? I bought an elliptical bike so I am committing to use it at least twice a week for the next 2-3 weeks and then I'll increase to 3-4 days a week, and also get out and go for walks again on the other nights. Since my work burnout I have been leaving at a decent time as I find I just can't take working long hours any more.
opal630

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:11 am

Thats great abou the bike. I wish I had one, The man and I bought bikes last year- used them for a total of 2 weeks and they have sat in the shed for a year almost. Hehe.

I dont if this would for you but in Big W recently I found these Quick fix exercise DVDs they all have 3 10 min work outs so you can stay at your own lvl and work your way up. Like today, Im meant to be getting ready to go out right now (bah forums >.<) but I only did the 2nd 10 min track and I feel great.

Enjoy your 30's I know for my mum its been the best time of her life (shes 40 next year)
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby opal630 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:46 pm

yoyogirl88 wrote:Thats great abou the bike. I wish I had one, The man and I bought bikes last year- used them for a total of 2 weeks and they have sat in the shed for a year almost. Hehe.

I dont if this would for you but in Big W recently I found these Quick fix exercise DVDs they all have 3 10 min work outs so you can stay at your own lvl and work your way up. Like today, Im meant to be getting ready to go out right now (bah forums >.<) but I only did the 2nd 10 min track and I feel great.

Enjoy your 30's I know for my mum its been the best time of her life (shes 40 next year)
opal630

Postby opal630 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:49 pm

yoyogirl88 wrote:Enjoy your 30's I know for my mum its been the best time of her life (shes 40 next year)

Okay now I do feel old :lol:

Walked about 6.5 kms yesterday. Had to go back to work today after a week off, have barely been able to stay awake all day so I'm going to trade exercise for sleep tonight.
opal630

Postby opal630 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:50 pm

opal630 wrote:
yoyogirl88 wrote:Thats great abou the bike. I wish I had one, The man and I bought bikes last year- used them for a total of 2 weeks and they have sat in the shed for a year almost. Hehe.

hmmm slight posting mishap.
opal630

Postby grllee1983 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:12 pm

Hi Opal,
I just joined this site and i have been reading your thread and i wanted to say thank you.. you are very honest and have made me feel so much more human than i have been recently.. I unfortunately live with the perils of a boyfriend who literally lives off maccas twice a day and drinks nothing but coke. sometimes that is all he eats for days on end. He thinks i eat in secret or something because he can't understand why i can't eat like him and stay thin. I was starting to think maybe there was something seriously wrong with me.. i'm glad there are more people out there that struggle with their weight like me, although i wish we could all just be naturally skinny! but yes, thank you for your inspiring words. Your a good person.

My best and easiest tip..... (and you probably already know it but here goes anyway)..
No softdrink other than sprite zero (at 4 calories a can its my savior), No juice, etc - everything other than water and diet drinks has enough calories you may as well eat another meal.

good luck! i will keep coming back to see how you are going.....

:)

SW = 83
CW = 81
GW = 63
grllee1983

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:42 pm

opal630 wrote:
yoyogirl88 wrote:Enjoy your 30's I know for my mum its been the best time of her life (shes 40 next year)

Okay now I do feel old :lol:

Aww :) Take comfort, my mum was a young mum. Shes 40 next year. Her and I are more like best friends nowadays than mum and daughter.

Anyhoo Hope you are doing well. :D
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby opal630 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:55 pm

grllee1983 wrote:Hi Opal,
I just joined this site and i have been reading your thread and i wanted to say thank you.. you are very honest and have made me feel so much more human than i have been recently.. I unfortunately live with the perils of a boyfriend who literally lives off maccas twice a day and drinks nothing but coke. sometimes that is all he eats for days on end. He thinks i eat in secret or something because he can't understand why i can't eat like him and stay thin. I was starting to think maybe there was something seriously wrong with me.. i'm glad there are more people out there that struggle with their weight like me, although i wish we could all just be naturally skinny! but yes, thank you for your inspiring words. Your a good person.

My best and easiest tip..... (and you probably already know it but here goes anyway)..
No softdrink other than sprite zero (at 4 calories a can its my savior), No juice, etc - everything other than water and diet drinks has enough calories you may as well eat another meal.

good luck! i will keep coming back to see how you are going.....

:)

Thanks for your comments grllee, it's nice to meet you. It's hard enough living on your own and trying to eat well, it must be difficult living with someone who constantly eats junk food. My body doesn't react well to straight juice, too much sugar to take in I think, so I tend to stay away from the stuff.
opal630

Postby opal630 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:08 am

So I've gotten out of the habit of posting on this website and I forgot all about it this past week.

A strange thing happened over the past couple of months without me really even trying... I've stopped obsessing about weighing myself. The batteries went dead on my scales over a week ago and I haven't bothered to replace them. All that time I was consciously trying to stop and I've now done it without trying.

I've decided that I'm just going to concentrate on fitting in more excercise and watch what I eat and let my clothes do the talking. I'm still going to weigh myself but just every now and then. Not three times a day, once a day or even once a week.

So I thought seeing the hynotherapist would mean sudden weightloss and I'd be down to size 8 in 2 months. That didn't happen and I was thinking it didn't work, but then I am starting to find small changes in the way I think, like not needing to weigh myself constantly, I've stopped thinking that I'm disgusting and huge, I rarely drive my car any more, I just walk everywhere. One of the things I wanted to work on too was cutting out coke zero as I regressed back to drinking heaps and heaps of the stuff, now I just have one every now and then but I can take it or leave it. So... maybe it did do some good afterall.

This past week I've gotten out about 4 times in the evening, walking about 6 kms each time. Plus on the weekend I did about 10kms on Saturday when I went walkabout. I haven't gotten onto my elliptical bike yet, but it's painful. Okay, tomorrow I'll get on it.
opal630

Postby grllee1983 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:28 pm

wow you walk so much i feel lazy in comparison.. but well done! so would you recommend going to a hypnotherapist?? and how much did it cost.. its something i'd been thinking about also, but have never really known anyone who has done it.. my dad went to one for smoking and it worked for him really well.. but i knew someone who did it for the weight loss and didn't think it was that good.. so i'm still looking for opinions..

SW = 83
CW = 81
GW = 63
grllee1983

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:18 pm

Hey Opal, WOW you are doing so much exercise. I now feel extremely lazy.
But hey you go girl!!!
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Previous

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous