It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:53 am

Free Newsletter

(Another) New Start ...

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

(Another) New Start ...

Postby lindylou » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:51 pm

Here I am again - hoping this is an OK spot to note this here - my weight has steadily risen since last year on WW when I got down to 86kg ... am now up to 101 kg & feeling YUK.
I can start off great in the morning, have a salad for lunch ... but by the time I get to mid afternoon & even worse when I get home - especially if no-one else is here to see me/what I'm eating. Have a normal tea (skinny hubby, teenagers) but I am just staying a kilo or so at the same weight, then a binge & it jumps ups 2 or 3 kilos, & so on.
My belly is so wobbly, & I'm puffing all the time from walking up stairs at work (office job) - I can't carry on being so fat but it is just so hard to lose this weight.
I know the battle is mine, my friends are noticing - but most of all I am able to do so much less than I could 6mths & a year ago. :cry:
lindylou

Postby Tummygirl » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:30 pm

Lindy welcome Back to the Forum :lol:

And let me just say firstly I hear you sister i hear you!!!

Its no fun being over weight but your mind doesnt bother to tell you that until after you eat the wrong food, and thats what where here to change :lol:

Im always up for a good old chat about things that are hard and easy about the weight loss.

I think what need to happens to your mind first is not to expect and overnight result because i often say to myself i will do this and then 2 weeks later when im starting to feel good again i slip up and say yeah why not to that extra serve.

Hope you enjoy your stay :lol:
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby Chelle » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:55 pm

Welcome Lindy to the forum :D
Are you going to go back on WW if it helped you to lose weight in the past?? Dont look back in the past look to the future Today is a new day & a better one at that, you can do it Lindy you have lost the weight before you can do it again. Goodluck with your weightloss future.
Chelle

Postby Mummyof3 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:29 pm

another one thats feeling you... I've just started back at the gym, and have started to have a conscience on what I put into my mouth, before I would put in what ever and when ever. (1 wk ago) still early, buy I'm taking the steps that need to be taken..Just take it slowly you will get there. right now as I type this reply my stomach so wants to go the fridge, and it's 9.30pm but I'm not going to...(maybe to top up my water bottle) 8) I know I have had my dinner and my stomach just needs to start shrinking :lol: so I have just started my journey... we are here to help each other,, good luck with yours, you can do it...
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:40 pm

Hi lindy and welcome to the forums . Support here is great . Hope to seeu around the boards
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Mandie » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:31 pm

Welcome aboard :)

You will start to notice small changes soon enough.. take the stairs as often as you can and you will notice it slowly starts to get easier.

Slow and steady wins the race - make small changes that you can sustain and you will get there. Best of luck!
Mandie

Postby lindylou » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:29 am

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your welcoming words - I am trying hard with just a few Oopsies along the way - have just realised that its that time of the month too, so am hoping I will notice a difference in the next week.
Have to put the scales away & not rely on a number too !!
Chelle, I don't think I'll go back to WW despite previous losses there - I really think I should have an honorary life membership for the times that I've gone. Have all the books & stuff (& yes it works) but don't want to spend mega $ to tread water.
Anyway, looking forward to being on this forum.
lindylou

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous