It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:11 am

Free Newsletter

scoots soapbox

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

scoots soapbox

Postby scoots » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:23 pm

well thought i'd start a topic here to keep track of my progress, goals etc and to get some anonymous accountability, in the past being face to face with people has made me lie, but anonimity works well for my honesty!!!

have just decided this week that instead of trying all these different programs (which i have previously tried some of and failed, the last one i actually put on 10kg!!!) that i'm just gonna try to increase my level of activity, with stuff that i can do at home, not gonna join another gym, its the anonimity thing again, and gonna try and eat better food, as in cut out the chocolate, takeaway, large portions etc.

also, after ready through many of the different forum topics on this website have decided on a reward thingy system of the charm bracelet idea which appeals to me coz its something i can wear everyday and see my progress and will give me the inspiration to say no to the crap food and do the exercise so i can get the next charm, gonna get one for each 2.5kg, which when i reach my goal(notice i said when not if!!!) i will have 20 charms, then can get one for every month i stay within stay 2kg of my goal weight!!!

also trying to think of some bigger rewards for every 10kg i lose, haven't come up with those yet but have only been thinking for about 20 minutes so will come back to that at a later date!!!

So, my goals for the next week, starting tomorrow (that's coz it's 11:20 pm so can't really start today coz it's over) are gonna be:

- to walk for at least 30 minutes at least 3 days
- to only have a small amount of chocolate (ie. a milky way) on 2 days this week (i have been having a very much larger amount on pretty much everyday and figure if i go totally cold turkey i will just have huge cravings and give in!!)

so anyways thats my big long spiel for now, gonna write in here at least weekly, am already feeling even more motivated than at the beginning of this mammoth entry coz i have written it all down and other people are gonna see it!!!

I would just like to add for others that changing the way we think takes time and is needed for permanent weight loss, so i think we all need to celebrate the smallest changes in how we think coz they all lead to the same goal, US BEING HAPPY AND CONTENT IN OUR OWN BODIES!!!!
scoots

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:43 am

Congratulations on a VERY sensible attitude, and a great plan :) I love that you are factoring in small treats (your milkyways) to avoid a binge - I do the same thing :)

Good luck with your goals! What kind of charm will you get for the first 2.5kg?
Mandie

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:16 am

I really commend you on doing this on your own and being "sensible" about it. It's really admirable, wish I had the willpower to do it.

Keep up the great work, you can do this ! :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:50 am

Welcome and i look forward to reading about your juourney
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:13 am

sounds like a sensible start point to me! All the best!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby scoots » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:10 pm

What kind of charm will you get for the first 2.5kg?

well have been thinking about what my first charm will be overnight and am thinking either a 4 leaf clover (coz its lucky!!) or an elephant (coz they're cute) will prob have a look in the shops next time i'm there to see exactly what charms they have.

I ahve to say that in the past i have been told that having rewards would be a good motivation but have found it hard to think of any so haven't really understood it all, but am finding the idea of getting a new charm every 2.5kg quite motivating and exciting!!!
scoots

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:11 pm

Sounds great! I think the charms is a fantastic idea, as you said, you can always look at it and it will remind you! Plus if you go to the shops, I bet you'll see a few that you really like - and that will encourage you to earn them!
Mandie

Postby scoots » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:16 pm

yeah, i can imagine myself spending a lot of time in jewellers shopd now, hehe, just like i do in mobile phone shops looking at the new phone i want!!!
scoots

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:41 pm

Dave would kill me if I set myself a piece of jewellery as a reward ... hmmm ya think I could do that in order to get me an eternity ring ? hehehehe
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby scoots » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:25 pm

ok, so i'm about halfway through my first week (i've made Thursday my weigh in day) and am quite happy with how i did Thursday, Friday i could have done better but did make one error in judgement that effected saturday in a bit of a bad way.

you see i decided on friday that i would make some of those packet 97% fat free muffins coz they weren't too bad on calories etc, and i said to myself that i would only have a maximum of 1 per day and not everyday, well, i had forgotten how damn good fresh hot muffins smell and taste and before i knew it i had eaten 4. anyways then i said to myself, ok, that's done, i'll do better tomorrow, and had planned to wrap and freeze them after they were fully cool sat morn, well, lets just say that they never got frozen coz they are all gone now........oops......

on a more positive note i did walk to my local polling place to vote yesterday which was 20 minutes there and 20 minutes back! though could have done with that being 10 minutes shorter, i did it at like 1:30pm (i had a bit of a sleep in yesterday so was that time before i was ready to go!) so it was a bit warm, and the last 10 minutes of the walk i was like, oh my god i need to stop, but i kept going and made it home without stopping which i was quite happy with after i had sat down for bit :)

so anyways, no more muffins, have to try and find some sort of "good for you" snack food other than yoghurt and fruit, i get a bit over having the same thing for snacks everyday, and there's not a huge variety of fruit that i like and can eat coz can't eat any acidic fruit (which includes apples, though i still eat them sometimes) coz i get quite bad reflux!!!

so if anyone has any ideas about snack foods i could eat i would be happy to listen!!! :D
scoots

Postby Sas » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:54 pm

Hey Scoots.

Good work on the walk! :)

As for snack food how about low calorie protein bars... you can get them with chocolate in them so that would hep the sugar craving but they are also filling as well. Alos, you can get diet chocolate. Maybe try cutting up a heap of celery and carrot sticks at teh start of the week and you could have them with hommus or some other healthy dip. Also, protein shakes are good too

I see you live in the berra to. Do you live north side? I do :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:05 pm

le snaks are great, or cruskits with like nice dips (theres a really great range by black swan called "skinny" and they are AWESOME, there's a joy pumpkin/rosemary dip!)..

bulla splits are great for when you need icecream - the mini splits are only 54 cals each!

umm.. yeah.. nestle diet mousses are tasty.. pitos chips.. aperos.. look around your supermarket and check the cals on everything, (and the fat and sugar content) and see how you go!
Mandie

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:36 pm

Mandi you're a wealth of knowledge !!!

Scoots great work on the walk :)
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby scoots » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:15 pm

Sas, I live southside, very southside, like right at the bottom, hehe, protein bars/shakes are a good idea but i was doing the healthy inspirations until recently and one of the reasons i stopped was because i couldn't look at another protein bar or shake, hehe, i had to eat 2 everyday and it just got a bit much after about 8 months!!!

Mandie, lots of great suggestions, thanks, hadn't thought of le snacks, haven't had them for years!!!

well my weigh in day isn't till thursday but my pants are definately looser, i have to keep pulling the up which is a bit annoying seeing as i'm at work at the mo but nevermind, it's a good thing really!!!
scoots

Postby Mandie » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:39 pm

I don't know much, but I know my food!

I go to the shops like 3 times a week with Joel and we check out all the different snack foods and their calorie/fat content (he's getting quite good at remembering to check the calories of everything before he buys it!). Turns out, there's a lot of great choices..

They have some new "light" pringles - you can have a serving (bout 13 pringles) that is about 120 cal..

I'm just one of these people that gets bored very easily with food, and I LOVE food and variety and new things.. so I love trying all different kinds of things :) Everything in moderation! Once you figure out the serving size and the calories etc you're all good.. so yes, on a diet you CAN have icecream and chocolate, you just have to make the right choices and stick to the right portion :)

Ah yes, and Le Snaks.. only recently re-discovered those too, I was amazed to discover they are low calorie.. I'm now semi addicted, they are so good to chuck into your bag to have on the go and they are tasty :D
Mandie

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous