It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:54 am

Free Newsletter

scoots soapbox

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby scoots » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:59 am

ok, so i thought i would write a bit about how i got to this point in my life, as far as my weight goes, dunno how long it will be but i won't be offended if you don't read it coz its too long :D

ok, so as a kid i was pretty skinny, i probably call myself average, late primary school i became a little more chubby but not hugely fat. then early high school as puberty hit i lost weight again, or perhaps it was that i grew into my weight (if that makes sense), anyways then year 9 and 10 i really put on a lot of weight and at around the end of year 10, maybe early year 11 i weighed in the vicinity of 90-95kg. thankfully at that point i had a very good gp who bought up my weight with my mum and gave us tips on how to reduce it and by the end of year 12 i was back down i think somewhere in the 70's, which also came from the fact that i was going to a lot of parties and dancing the night away so to speak :D

So, i found out in June 1999 (the year after i graduated year 12) that my thyroid was overactive (which could have been a contributing factor to some of the weight i lost late 1998), which had made me very skinny (i think in the 60's somewhere but not sure coz i wasn't weighing myself) despite the fact i was eating for almost all my waking hours (an overactive thyroid speeds up your metabolism amongst other things for those of you who don't know). so anyways i went on medication for that which then made my thyroid underactive coz the dose was too high and put weight back on, up to around 90 again. anyway after they got my dose right my weight went back down a bit and i hovered in the 80s for a while.

then i moved out of home and started uni in 2001 and that was when my weight really started to increase again, though it had been going slowly up for the previous 6-12 months. i think it was a combination of some leftover bad eating habits from when my thyroid was overactive and i was eating A LOT, and the freedom of living alone and being able to eat whatever i wanted!!

so anyways by the end of 2001 i was around 95-100kg (didn't have accurate scales at the time), did lose a bit over summer 2001/2002 but then put more on after that which continued, then in mid 2005 I was around 112kg and decided to go to my GP and request a dietician referral to help me lose weight, my GP however suggested that i join jenny craig or weight watchers or one of those type of organisations, so i joined jenny craig coz i didn't like the idea of the group weigh in thing with weight watchers. this went well to start with and at my lowest with JC i was 100.8kg, but then i got a bit over eating the same food everyday and wanted to eat normal food again, so over 2006 i ate a combination of JC and takeaway basically coz i tried to keep food i wasn't supposed to eat out of the house hopign that would encourage me to eat the JC, anyway by december last year my weight was about 108kg.

Then in december last year i had an operation in an attempt to fix my reflux and because i couldn't eat proper food for a while afterwards my weight got back down near 100kg, but then 2007 started and i moved to Canberra, and it took nearly 2 months to find a rental so i was moving around different friends houses was eating a lot of takeaway, my weight went back to 112kg in late march. then i joined Healthy Inspirations after hearing about it from a friend. I got to 108 kg in mid april, then my cat got very sick and i got VERY stressed and did a lot of comfort eating, crept back to 110 by end of April. then the dreaded flu/virus season started, and i caught everything going, couldn't exercise coz i couldn't breath (i have asthma and being sick made that bad) andate a lot of crap coz was just eating what i felt like. then was just starting to get on track again in august and got a phonecall from WA saying my grandad was dying, so flew back there and was there when he died, came back and did comfort eating, weighed around 116 when i got back from perth, then again started to get back on track, got to 115 and my brother and his girlfriend arrived for a hol from WA (mid sept), and that led to a week of eating crap, was 118kg when they left.

anyways following that i had some stresses with uni and assignments and then the cumulative effects of all the stressors i've had this year caught up with me and i got a bit depressed and unmotivated, and my weight crept up to 121 point something, which needless to say didn't help my mood. anyways as i started to get on top of my mood i decided that healthy inspirations wasn't working for me and i quit, and just started to try and eat a bit better, got to 120, then i found this website, and well now here i am.

Anyways, thanks for reading if you've got this far!!! :D
scoots

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:29 pm

glad to hear you're feeling better :D but 30-40 Christmas presents to wrap!? Woah!!! I'm the family's present-wrapper because I love wrapping them, but that's even too much for me!!!

Thanks for sharing your experiences and background with us :) Eurgh, that would have been horrible to have gone from having overactive thyroid to underactive!! You would have been used to eating so much and then all of the sudden the medication starts making you put on weight for everything you put in your mouth!!!

Sounds like you've had a fair bit of stress in your life, I hope it's all going smoothly now :D It's almost impossible to focus on weight loss and eating right when you're so worried all the time, so hopefully now you're at a point in your life where things are stable enough to be able to give it a bit of attention :D

I enjoyed reading that, and don't worry about writing so much because as you can see, I babble on too :wink: :wink:
Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby scoots » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:07 pm

yeah wrapping that many pressies is bad enough but buying them all was worse!!! especially on the wallet, gonna be trying to cut down a bit next year, gotta talk with some of my cousins about whether we continue the pressie giving :D

Yeah feeling a lot less stressed now, particularly as uni has finished for the year!!! am gonna enjoy my 3 months break from studying (still working but hey that's life), and gonna focus on my weight loss and also just relaxing and having a good time, coz that's damn important too :D
scoots

Postby scoots » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:21 pm

ok, so i know i'm posting a bit here today, its a bit of a slow day at work and i keep thinking of things i wanna post....hehe :lol:

so i thought i would post some of my goals and rewards.

Goal by 28/1/08 (my friends birthday) - under 112kg (or 115kg, will see how chrissie goes :lol: )
Goal by 12/4/08 (parents coming for hol) - around 105kg (or less)
Goal by 26/6/08 (my birthday) - under 100kg
Goal by 10/10/08 (dad's 50th on 20/10) - under 90kg
Goal by 25/12/08 (next Xmas) - around 80kg
Goal by 25/3/09 (friends sons 2nd bday) - GOAL WT 70kg

I think these goals are more than doable but i don't wanna disappoint myself so have generally made goals that should be easy to attain, my total ideal would be to reach my goal by dad's 50th coz travelling back to WA for his birthday and would be great to show everyone that i can do it!!! but that's like 48kg in 46 weeks, which again is doable but too high a chance of disappointing myself!!!

and my rewards, though still haven't thought of 2 of them, can't be dvd's or cd's coz i buy them all time anyways and wouldn't feel like a reward, and the second one has to be big coz it'll be the gong into double digits one!!! so if anyone has any ideas then feel free to let me know:

every 2.5kg a new charm (get the bracelet and the first charm when i lose my first 2.5kg which i would love to be this thursday....)

first 10kg (110kg) - Gallileo Thermometer (have wanted one for years but people haven't been taking the hint!!!)

second 10kg (100kg) -

third 10kg (90kg) - new wall clock that i like at the time

fourth 10kg (80kg) -

final 10kg (70kg & goal) - weekender to sydney or melbourne, prob melbourne, for holiday and to buy new wardrobe!!! 8)
scoots

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:25 pm

Scoots thank you for sharing your history with us. It sounds like you've had trying times. Going by the tone in your last thread, Im confident that these times are behind you and that you are going to achieve your goals.

I for one think that they are extremely achievable. You have given yourself plenty of time to lose the weight and it looks like you are doing it sensibly and have thought this through carefully.

I have confidence in you that you can do this and achieve all these goals :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:41 pm

Great goals, mate! You can do it! Rewards are hard to think of because it's not in us naturally to buy big rewards for hard work!! How about a nice massage/facial or something like that at a day spa? Or a dress or nice pair of shoes?
zeedeveelgirl

Postby scoots » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:08 pm

okay, so today was weigh in, aaaannnnndddddd...

I lost 1.8kg this week, YAY :D

that also meant that i have lost my first 2.5kg and got to buy my charm bracelet and first charm, which i did today. got myself an elephant, and his trunk is pointing up which i am told is a good luck type thing. hopefully i'll be able to get my next charm before Christmas, or at least before New Year, if i keep going as i have been that shouldn't be a prob!!!

so this last week, i did eat a bit extra chocolate than planned, had it on 2 or 3 days(still only small each time, milky way or curly wurly), i actually can't remember coz i tried to just put it behind me and continue eating well, anyways i blame that on TTOTM, i always have wicked cravings for sweet stuff at TTOTM so i'm feeling fairly positive that i restricted myself as much as i did :)

As far as exercise goes i didn't do any :oops: variety of contributing factors towards that including assignment, buying and wrapping xmas pressies and TTOTM, but i can only improve from here!!!

so this weeks goals:

1. only ONE chocolate this week, should be easier than this last week

2. 30 minutes exercise at least 2 days this week. decided to decrease it from the 3 i've been setting myself so that hopefully i can actually acheive this goal this week :roll:
scoots

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:13 pm

That's an excellent loss !!! I know you CAN do this. Before you know it you will have reached your next goal and buying another charm in a couple of weeks !

Keep up the fantastic work :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby milkyway » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:30 pm

Wow! That's a fantastic loss Scoots :D Congrats. Yay for the charm. Yup - trunks up mean good luck. Trunks down mean welcome. Keep up the good work :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:13 pm

Excellent loss mate, you did great this week!
Hey, choccy a few times a week is ok, you only had something small!

Great goals by the way, you will definitely achieve them!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby scoots » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:32 pm

ok, have thought of my other 2 reward thingy's so thought i'd repost the whole reward bit again for my own benefit as well as anyone else's who's interested :D

every 2.5kg a new charm (got the first one, YAY!!!, i have found this really helps me to focus on just 2.5kg at a time, makes the whole task much less daunting!!!)

first 10kg (110kg) - Gallileo Thermometer (have wanted one for years but people haven't been taking the hint!!!)

second 10kg (100kg) - massage/facial/something else at a day spa (thanks for the suggestion zeedeveelgirl!! :D )

third 10kg (90kg) - new wall clock that i like at the time

fourth 10kg (80kg) - another something at a day spa, but something different!!!

final 10kg (70kg & goal) - weekender to sydney or melbourne, prob melbourne, for holiday and to buy new wardrobe!!!

so there we go, things to aim for, though i have to say i am much more focused on the 2.5kg charms at the mo coz still 7kg before i hit one of my big rewards and gets a bit depressing and unmotivating to think of having to lose that much :)
scoots

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:09 pm

That's an awesome list of goals and rewards, mate!! That should definitely keep you going! Maybe you should write them out all nice and pretty and put them a few places you can see them often for when you're feeling a bit down? ie on the fridge, back of the toilet door, in your room!

It's definitely better to keep focussed on the smaller goals otherwise as you said, it just gets too depressing to think long term and big goals! You sound like you're doing awesome :D

Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby scoots » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:21 pm

well, finally got the results for one of my two subjects for this semester today, got 52, which is about what i expected, didn't have a great semester as far as life stressors go, and had late penalty marks deducted from both the assignments, so basically i'm just happy i passed :)

anyways, its weigh in day tomorrow, not expecting a huge loss, ate not so good thurs and fri last week, plus have had a few extra bits the last two days coz monday was my last day where i was working (start new place tomorrow) so had to provide a cake, i bought vienetta' (for something different) and didn't have much but still, and then yesterday i went to friends house for dinner, again, not too bad but ate more than i usually would have done if i had been at home.

Anyways, as far as my attempts to lose weight go i'll be glad in a few weeks when i can get totally back to eating exactly what i want, got a few birthday and christmas events in the lead up to christmas, and of course christmas day itself, so till then just hoping to post some kind of loss each week!!!
scoots

Postby scoots » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:39 am

ok, so i'm a few days late with posting my weigh in this week but......

LOSS OF 0.5KG!!!

I'm extremely happy with this, particularly as I didn't eat as well as i had planned to this week, as i said in my last post. I did do only one lot of exercise also, but i aggravated an old ankle injury which limited me for half the week coz i just had to rest it :roll:

so anyways, as far as my goals go this week, again gonna try for 2 times exercise (i'll bloody meet my exercise goal sometime!!!) and gonna try and eat not too bad, got birthday brunch tomorrow and a few other food related gatherings so yeah, and as i think i said in my last post, just aiming to have some form of loss for the rest of the year given all the food related functions i'm going to be attending, and the fact that i know i'm getting a chocolate christmas stocking for christmas!!!
scoots

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:02 pm

Good going scoots
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

PreviousNext

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous