It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:49 am

Free Newsletter

Carla's collection of 15 x 2 litre empty milk bottles.

A place for members with more than 10 kg to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Carla's collection of 15 x 2 litre empty milk bottles.

Postby carla » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:21 pm

That's equal to what I have to lose. Thirty kilos. If I do it in 2kg lots....it's only 15 of them. Which sounds easier to achieve than 30.

I have terrible motivation problems when it comes to persistent weightloss. I just lose interest.

To be honest, quitting smoking has been easier (5 weeks this wednesday quit) because all you have to do is not smoke. The dieting exercise thing...that takes more time and energy and thought. Most of the time, I'd honestly rather just stuff my face.

:shock:

However, now I'm over 100 kg and I can really *feel* how overweight I am. It hurts. And it feels really heavy. I feel the pull of gravity ever so much more now. My knees and feet suffer. Infact all my joints from my hips down suffer, and my back too.

And every so often I see a photo of myself and I am so very ashamed.

I just can't screw up anymore.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby rivenriver » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:46 am

That's a neat analogy - milk bottles. :)

I agree with the whole loosing interest thing - that's what I keep doing. I reckon if you can maintain your interest for a few weeks, then at least you loose that weight. Then you are not interested for a few days/weeks, and it's a bit of a step back, but you're not as far back as when you started. Maybe not the healthiest solution, but one that can get you started, at least?
rivenriver

Postby Chelle » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:36 am

I love the milk bottle idea, it can really show you how much you have lost & a great motivation too.

Goodluck with getting to your goal weight looking forward to reading your progress!!
Chelle

Postby carla » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:47 pm

Make that....16.5 2 litre milk bottles :oops:

I think Im just going to keep coming here and read other peoples threads for inspiration, for a while.
[/url]
carla

Postby milkyway » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:52 pm

You CAN do this, Carla. Just find one small change you can make this week and stick to it.

I always suggest start with upping your water intake for the first week and then start adding a bit of exercise. Nobody expects you to be eating healthily, exercising like a gym junkie and getting rid of old bad habits in the next five minutes. Don't try and do too much at once, hun. Ease into your lifestyle changes - that's what they are - changes to your lifestyle and something you can live with forever - and a lot of little changes add up to a big change.

you CAN do this :) Go on, grab yourself a nice tall glass of water to end the day :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby carla » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:32 am

Now you can see what a fatty boom bah I am.

:D

Had our family Christmas yesterday with my mum, sister and all the kids we have between us (bar two...they're in Perth right now)

Anyway, mum, sister (Sharon), sister's partner and I...we are all *grossly overweight*...and it seems I top all of the women...with more centimeters as well as kilos.

Sharon, my mother and I all did arm, leg and waist measurements and wrote them down in our diaries. The idea is we are going to lose the weight between now and next Christmas family gathering and then re-compare.

My measurements were:

Waist 127.50cm Arms (upper) 36.5cm Leg (upper) 67cm

Ok...I know Im 'stuck'. Think it's mostly self-esteem related. And every time I see a photo like the one Ive pointed people to, I think OH MY GODDDDD! and feel like dieing. I don't SEE myself like this in my mind until I SEE myself.

My biggest, most pressing problem and challenge is night-time binging. That is what brings me undone every time!

[/img]
[/url]
carla

Postby carla » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:38 am

Allow me to try that again.....another way.
[/url]
carla

Postby carla » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:40 am

Oh yeah....we also did a big walk after the meal.
[/url]
carla

Postby sassi » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:12 am

the pic didn't work for me carla - not sure if it's just me tho!

i agree with milkyway - you CAN do this. it's awesome that you went for a walk after your family meal :)

try even making a daily goal - just one small thing like replacing full fat milk with skim (or something similar) for a day and see how you go. i totally understand when the whole task seems too daunting to even get started, but smaller goals & challenges work wonders :)
sassi

Re: Carla's collection of 15 x 2 litre empty milk bottles.

Postby carla » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi everyone! Well...real long time no see! Hello to all new comers since I was last here!

Ok...so I joined weight watchers. I lost 19 kilos. I left weight watchers. I put it all back on and some.

I'm not re-joining WW, but I learnt a lot that I can still apply (re-apply).

Back here for some on-going inspiration...I've done it before...can do it again. I know that much now at least!

xx
[/url]
carla

Postby Fireball » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:39 pm

Good on you Carla. No doubt you will do it and this time keep it off!

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby largemummy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:12 pm

welcome back carla! im new here i liked you milk bottle theory! and you did well to lose 19kgs its a shame you didnt keep it off but at least u know u can get it off!!!! good luck this time!! cant wait to read more of your progress reports!!!! :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3Da9dE/]
[/url]
largemummy

Postby carla » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:22 pm

Thanks LM and FB!

Something I learned from the success I did have through WW, is that keeping up plugging away at the committment you make to weight loss really does pay off over time. It wasn't just doing the right things eating/exercise wise, but actually attending the meetings that helped keep me on track. However, I can not really afford it time-wise or money wise at the moment, due to other committments. So instead, I am committing to using this forum to track myself and keep inspired about my committment to weight loss.

I am currently 106 kilograms. I want to reach 75 kilograms. I am hoping within 6 months or less.
[/url]
carla

Postby carla » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:51 am

I want to get into the habit of writing what I eat/drink through the day. Nobody else has to read this boring stuff, but it helps keep me accountable to myself.

So, today, I over-did it with the carbs and probably the coffees and i skipped breakfast...which is naughty.

The list:

Half a piece of Injera bread (Ethiopian bread) with about 200 grams of 'fule' (broad-beans and onions and garlic cooked in spices and mixed with plain yogurt)

I cup of rice noodles with 70 grams of roasted pork and small salad

1 ciabatta bread roll with diced tomatoes in tspoon extra virgin olive oil

i small pork chop

Had one latte, and two or three cups of coffee with milk and sugar. ( 2 tsps each)

I did a solid hour of quite brisk walking tonight. Im pleased with this...I was quite warmed and even a bit sweaty by the end and face a bit flushed. Good signs that it was somewhat aerobic.
[/url]
carla

Postby carla » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:38 pm

Just got back from my one hour walk. It's quite warm and sticky outside!

I've decided to do the three day zucchini soup flush (as outlined in French women don't get fat ) with some minor modifications, just for a bit of a kick start to the November challenge. I like it quite a lot and mostly its pretty filling, but if I get hungry, Im not going ignore that, and will have a bit of fruit, or bread (in small amounts). Today I've had a few bowls of that today, a cup of coffee and a cup of tea (with sweetners this time), a couple slices of vienna bread, a small nectarine and a banana. I don't feel hungry at all, which is good.

Ah I wish it was 6 months down the track, but Ill just have to be patient. I always think too, now just imagine if I had stuck to what I said I was 'gonna do' 6, 12 18 (however long) months ago and where I'd be at now if I had!

:roll: :lol:
[/url]
carla

Next

Return to Curvaceous and Courageous